Looking for a reliable hotel room booking plugin for your WordPress website? You are in luck! There are tons of them – free and premium. And they are different in functionality, design and pricing.
In this hand-picked collection you’ll find solutions for a diversity of hospitality niche establishments – hotels, guest houses, villas, hostels, etc. All plugins are standalone ones, namely, you can install and benefit from them regardless of the WordPress theme used.
There are some main things you should pay attention to when choosing a plugin. Firstly, to suit your local business, the plugin should be multilingual to let you translate it and use properly with your target audience.
Another important thing is whether you run one or more hotels – not all plugins allow to enable reservation for multiple hotels featured on one website. What’s more, check whether the plugin offers suitable payment systems. Also, you might probably need complete synchronization with OTAs to avoid overbooking and at the same time increase booking rate – some of the plugins support this functionality.
If you are looking for any specific custom options, look through all features list – you should find ones to your needs.
Be sure to check frontend and/or backend demo of the plugin – only this way you’ll be able to get your own impressions and check each feature in the wild.
In each “pros” list I highlight the features that more or less stand out in comparison to other niche plugins. The “cons” list should help you see the possible obstacles you may experience with the plugin.
At the end you’ll see a comparison table, so you can bookmark the post and get back any time to quickly find a needed piece of info.
So be attentive and choose wisely!
Pinpoint Booking system Pro is not limited to hotel room reservation option only. It will perfectly serve your other hospitality business needs as well. The plugin generates a booking calendar which can be put with each room and provides the visitors with the option to book a desired accommodation.
The main features of the plugin are:
- No-brainer booking process for users – it’s performed on one page without reloading (AJAX powered);
- Minimalist calendar view;
- Responsive design;
- Ability to create and display unlimited number of calendars on the site (perfect if you want to present different hotels);
- Website admin can add, approve, reject, cancel or delete a booking request;
- Admin/user notifications and different confirmation modes;
- Full WooCommerce integration (ability to set coupons, discounts, taxes & fees to display on the checkout page);
- Ability to add extra services with/without prices while guests check out;
- Tons of settings to make it work exactly to your needs;
- Ability to put booking calendar into the sidebar;
- Multicurrency support;
- PayPal (online) or Cash on arrival (offline) payments support.
- The extended license provides lifetime updates and support;
- Multi-language backend and frontend support;
- American (MM DD, YYYY) or European (DD MM YYYY) formats for dates;
- A unique option to submit your website to Pinpoint.World to make it more recognizable across the net;
- Multi-site support;
- It can serve your other booking needs (like event booking, for example).
- Looks the plugin doesn’t allow you to set room rates;
- Guys were selling it for $5 on CodeCanyon for 5 years, but then quit the marketplace and completely changed the business model – now the Pro version of the plugin is a bit expensive;
- If you need any additional payment gateway other than PayPal, you’ll need to purchase extra addon for it (2Checkout, Icepay, etc.)
Online Hotel System Pro
This WordPress plugin is meant for creating a hotel room booking system for one hotel establishment. As it’s fully dedicated to hospitality business niche, the plugin itself is pretty mature solution. It helps you set various rooms and divide them by types, specify parameters of each room and display various room rates for it. So, let’s list the main features for you to pick up the benefits easier:
- Ability to add unlimited number of rooms depending on their type and capacity;
- Ability to add unlimited room types and prices;
- Responsive design;
- Support for seasonal prices – you may set different pricing rates based on season;
- Opportunity to set special offers with a discount percent that will be applied to a default price;
- Logical admin tools categorization by managers (e.g. price manager, booking manager);
- Administrator can manage bookings manually – complete, delete, etc;
- Taxable hotel prices;
- Customer invoices;
- Variety of payment methods: PayPal IPN, payment in arrival, offline credit card.
- Translated into 16 languages (not a 100% benefit, because it’s a machine translation made using Google Translate). If you notice any drawbacks in translation, you can easily edit it yourself;
- Google calculator to help you use auto exchange rates of currency;
- Ability to block a room at particular date;
- Different date formats;
- Login area for customers;
- Time zone settings;
- Affordable price;
- Frontend and backend demo available.
- The plugin can be used for a singular hotel establishment;
- The last update was made in April, 2015;
- A bit old-fashioned frontend design.
MotoPress Hotel Booking
MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin is a full-blown WordPress property rental system for hospitality business websites. It’s suitable for hotel establishment of different sizes and functions: guest houses, villas, hotels. In general, it’s not just a booking engine, the plugin itself is a tool for building the entire hotel website on any WordPress theme. Let’s list some of the major features:
- Ability to feature and allow to reserve unlimited accommodations of different accommodation types;
- Modern responsive design;
- Properly categorized backend tools;
- Availability calendar and user-friendly reservation form;
- Ability to set various accommodation rates and seasons with different prices for them;
- Opportunity to add extra services available for additional purchase (or free) – they can be also charged either per person or per room;
- Guest and admin notifications (with customizable email templates);
- Various booking statuses;
- PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout payments, payments after arrival (offline) plus WooCommerce integration for more gateways;
- Ability to put any needed shortcode anywhere on the page, including sidebar widget;
- Different conformation modes to approve a booking: by admin, automatic, after payment;
- Website administrator can add, approve, reject, cancel or delete a booking request;
- A choice of currencies to set;
- Discount coupons;
- Complete taxes and fees info;
- Automatic synchronization wit OTAs like AirBnb to avoid overbookings (via iCal);
- Professionally translated into 13 languages, WPML ready;
- Sortable bookings calendar on the backend.
- Custom booking rules: you may define when your specific property rentals are unavailable for booking (set when);
- A detailed documentation for WordPress newbies and lots of hooks and actions for developers;
- The plugin is adjusted to your theme and looks like a native content module;
- Option to automatically generate rooms/accommodations if there are a lot of them of the same type;
- Ability to display a photo gallery of each accommodation;
- Several premade WordPres themes with the plugin integrated.
- Can’t be used for hotel chains (but can be used for one hotel with unlimited room or for unlimited rental properties).
Booki is a popular WordPress booking plugin, which apart from appointment and event booking options, can serve you in building your hotel business online. Here are some of core features:
- Ability to use unlimited booking calendars, so apparently you can use it for a variety of hotels or guest houses;
- Responsive design;
- Different calendar modes (like pop-ups, inline, etc);
- You can optionally set customer’s reservation to be confirmed automatically;
- Online payments through PayPal Express with guest checkout, credit card payments via Authorize.net or Stripe;
- Ability to set different accommodation cost depending on the day/date;
- You can allow registered and unregistered users to request a booking;
- Ultimate extra services you can offer for guests to book;
- Ability to apply coupons;
- Seasons and holidays rates;
- Option to send invoices to clients with payment link to PayPal Express;
- Synchronization with Google Calendar;
- The plugin is translatable;
- Affordable price;
- Custom email notification layouts;
- Many useful addons;
- Frontend and backend demo available.
- Looks like you’ll need to do a repetitive work and add a booking calendar under each bookable room/accommodation;
- No search availability form;
- Tons of admin option you need to adjust as the plugin is not hotel-specific.
Pricing: $ 29
Update: the plugin is currently removed from CodeCanyon marketplace.
AweBooking is a WordPress booking engine for hotel establishments of different sizes. It allows to manage difficult booking system with a very handy admin dashboard.
Check out the main opportunities of this booking plugin:
- Handy availability search form;
- Ability to change booking statuses (pending, completed);
- Responsive design;
- Integration with WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 (offline payments);
- Ability to add extra services for additional cost to a room reservation page;
- Option to set different prices for specific dates;
- Modern frontend design;
- Ability to book a couple of rooms of the same room type at a time;
- Editable Room Availability search form labels;
- Ability to create discounts;
- Ability to set minimum nights for each room type;
- WPML support so you can translate it to your language (apart from English, full translation to Italian available).
- Very user-friendly admin toolkit: you can set mostly everything from room capacity and prices, to coupons and extra services when managing a room type;
- Frontend and backend demo available;
- Ability to enable selection of multiple rooms for booking;
- You can handle adult and child prices for a room;
- Affordable price.
- Suitable for 1 hotel (but with multiple rooms)
- A bit buggy frontend demo (doesn’t allow to place a test booking)
- Users often report many bugs
HBook is a relatively fresh WordPress plugin for your hotel booking needs. It is pretty mature and is in the process of continuous fixes and improvements. The plugin is feature-rich and user-friendly in terms of backend management. As usually, let’s highlight the main features to prove all positive statement about the plugin:
- Pretty intuitive UI which allows to add main hotel data like rooms and their details pretty quickly;
- Responsive design;
- Ability to manage your hotel with a variety of seasons and rates;
- Shortcode-driven availability calendars, list of property types to choose from;
- Ability to add free and paid extra hotel services while room/house booking;
- CSV exporting for bookings available;
- Multi-language support;
- Editable plugin labels and texts;
- Admin and user automatic emails;
- Ability to set discounts;
- Stripe and/or PayPal online payments support.
- iCal synchronization feature that lets you connect your hotel website with services like AirBnB, Google Cal, Homeaway, etc;
- A variety of frontend demos;
- Relatively expensive;
- Does not deal with several hotels having themselves several rooms;
- No backend demo.
Booking Calendar is the most popular free WordPress plugin for creating hotel reservation system. It was not designed specifically for hotels, but it’s one of the options you can use to your advantage. It lets you create availability calendar with existing hotel rooms so that your guests can choose the needed room and submit a booking request. So, what are your options? Here are some major ones:
- Customizable calendar design and texts;
- Responsive design;
- Notification emails for administrator and guests (like confirmation, cancel, etc);
- Built with using Ajax technologies lettings your guests complete a booking process quicker on the same page;
- Support for equipment rentals;
- Customizable calendar legend;
- The plugin is widget ready so you can put it into the sidebar.
- Multilanguage support;
- The plugin allows to set multiple bookings in one calendar for the same day;
- Ability to mark chosen dates as unavailable in the calendar;
- Frontend and backend demo.
- As with every multipurpose booking plugin, this one comes with a simplified frontend calendar and complicated backend dashboard.
- Expansive Pro versions;
- Payment gateways support only in Pro version for Small Business , which is min $149
Pricing: free with different licenses of premium version.
WP Hostel WordPress plugin is designed for hostels and small hotel establishments. It comes with the ultimate functionality set to easily present all available rooms of your hostel, and turn on online booking option. Here are some more details about the plugin:
- You may supply each room with description, availability calendar and booking option;
- It accepts online payments for room/bed reservation via PayPal, Stripe, or manual CC payments;
- Responsive design;
- Ability for guests to reserve a bed/beds in a dormitory room;
- Ability to add and edit extra services;
- Easy-to-use calendar and booking form;
- Automatic email reminders for admin and users;
- Ability to add custom fields to a booking form;
- Option to set discounts;
- Translation ready;
- Ability to synchronize your online booking services with iCal / ics room calendars;
- Reports and statistic charts for administrator to see how and when each room performs better;
- 60-day refund policy;
- Frontend and backend demo;
- A bit awkward frontend design.
Pricing: Hostel Pro is $47 and Hostel Pro Ensuite is $67; free version available.
Details | Demo: no
Easy Reservation is a free WordPress plugin for you to add availability calendar and booking form to the accommodations presented on your site. The plugin is translation ready and quite feature-rich. Some of the main features are:
- Minimalistic calendar design;
- Quick booking process for customers that doesn’t require page reloading;
- Ability for guests to edit their booking afterwards;
- Hourly, weekly or daily billing;
- Discounts available.
- A feature-rich free version;
- Statistics and reports.
- No frontend and no backend demo.
Pricing: free with Pro version available.
Opal Hotel Booking
Opal Hotel Booking is a free solution for implementing a room booking system into your WordPress website – it will work for any kind of hospitality business. It comes packaged with many useful options:
- Modern design and easy to set up admin dashboard;
- Ability to add multiple rooms and supply them with various amenities, extra prices for services, packages, coupons;
- Option to set room rates;
- Quick checkout process plus PayPal Standard and Stripe payments support;
- Different currencies to set up;
- Multilanguage support.
- The availability search form includes a room type search field increasing the speed of finding the appropriate room for guests;
- Developers can override templates to change plugin’s behaviour to their needs;
- Allows to create a private API to use for 3rd party products.
- The frontend demo is offered in a real custom theme, so we don’t know how the plugin will actually output content in your theme.
There are a couple more WordPress plugins that require signing up (having account of the platform), so probably you will find them useful as well:
Checkfront – a popular tool to add a booking form to each of your hotel room.
eZee Online Hotel Booking Engine is another free plugin for adding and managing your hotel reservations.
Here is a quick comparison table with main criteria:
prices start at
|Translation ready||Hotel business dedicated||
|Pinpoint System Pro
|Yes (3.9)||Yes||No||PayPal + paid addons for other gateways|
|Online Hotel System Pro
|No||Yes (editable machine translation into 16 languages )||Yes||PayPal IPN, payment in arrival, offline credit card|
|MotoPress Hotel Booking
|No||Yes (professionally translated into 13 languages; editable via any translation program)||Yes||PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout payments, payments after arrival (offline). WooCommerce Payments. Customers pay full price or deposit|
|No||Translatable via *.mo and *.po files or via WPML||No||PayPal Express with guest checkout, CC payments via Authorize.net or Stripe|
|No||Yes (WPML support; translated to Italian)||Yes||Integration with WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 (offline payments)|
|No||Yes (translatable with any multilingual program like WPML)||Yes||Stripe and/or PayPal + offline payments (on arrival, bank wire). Customers pay full price or deposit|
|Yes (4.7)||Yes, multilingual (100% translated into 7 languages)||No||Supported only in Pro version for Small Business , which is min $149 (pay in cash, PayPal Standard, PayPal IPN, Authorize.net, etc.)|
|WP Hostel Pro
|Yes (4.7)||Yes, ready for translation||Yes||Paypal (Hostel & Hostel PRO) or Stripe (Hostel PRO), manual payments|
|Yes (3.9)||Yes, translatable content in your forms and emails (Pro feature)||No||PayPal, CC payments, Stripe, etc. (Pro feature ). Full price or deposit|
|Opal Hotel Booking
|Yes (4.3)||Yes, translation ready||Yes||PayPal, Stripe, offline payments|
And another comparison on 3 additional criteria (after some manual testing):
Admin Flexibility (5/5)
|Pinpoint System Pro||Not clear||4/5||Regularly updated|
|Online Hotel System Pro||No||4/4||Not updated from April, 2015|
|MotoPress Hotel Booking||No||5/5||Regularly updated|
|Booki||Yes (with separate project/calendar for each room type)||4/4||Regularly updated|
|AweBooking||No, but plugin authors have a free extension for this purpose which you can request for||5/5||Regularly updated|
|Booking Calendar||Yes||5/4||Free version updated 3 months ago|
|WP Hostel Pro||Not clear||4/5||Free version updated 3 months ago|
|Easy Reservations||Yes||no info||No updates of free version for 8 months|
|Opal Hotel Booking||No||5/5||Regularly updated|
Almost all of the featured WordPress hotel reservation plugins run similarly, however there are 2 main types you should choose from – multipurpose booking system or dedicated hotel booking system. The first one is generally a booking calendar that should be added under each accommodation (it works with event and appointment bookings as well) and another is entirely meant for hotel hospitality business needs. Dedicated hotel booking engines are rather more easily manageable and more feature-rich.
However, both types come with various pros and cons which will hopefully help you find the most appropriate solution for your particular business niche. So, have you already made up your mind which of these plugins is best for you?
Post updated: February, 2018