Welcome to WPMayor.com, thanks for taking the time to stop by.
WP Mayor was founded in 2010 by Jean Galea; a WordPress developer and digital nomad. Since then, the site has grown and so has our team. Alyona and Mark now do a great job with running the site, while we also have a number of content contributors who we are very grateful for.
At WP Mayor we specialize in WordPress plugin, theme and service reviews, but you’ll also see us contributing tutorials, news and opinion pieces from time to time.
Want to check out some stats? Take a look at our yearly reviews:
- WP Mayor is 1 year old
- WP Mayor is 2 years old
- WP Mayor is 3 years old
- WP Mayor is 4 years old
- WP Mayor is 5 years old
- WP Mayor is 6 years old
If you are interested in guest blogging on WPMayor, please go ahead and get in touch.
We’ve got lots of content here about WordPress, and I know it can be overwhelming. Let me guide you through our best content as a start.
New to WordPress?
If you’re new to WordPress and you’re looking for a jump start, you would do well to check out these articles:
- Best WordPress Plugins for 2015
- Top 10 Essential WordPress Security Plugins
- How to Set Up a News Aggregation Site with WordPress & WP RSS Aggregator
- How to Achieve a Google PageSpeed Score of 90% or Higher with Your WordPress Website
Looking for a Host?
If you’re just starting out with your website, or you’re looking to make a hosting upgrade, check out our review of hosting providers for WordPress:
- Your Simple Guide to Web Hosting
- Best WordPress Shared Hosting Compared
- How to Find the Best Cheap WordPress Hosting
- A Look at Hosting Facts – the Hosting Review Website
- The End of the Web Hosting Industry
Check Out Some of Our Most Popular Articles
- A Comparison of the Best Drag & Drop WordPress Plugins
- Best Directory Plugins & Themes for WordPress
- Best WordPress Booking Plugins
- Best WordPress Multilingual Plugins
- Top 50 Affiliate Themes for WordPress
Interested in Plugin Development?
What if you’re getting into plugin development? Then these posts are for you:
- A Collection of Role Model Plugins
- WordPress Plugin Development Resources
- How to Structure a WordPress Plugin’s Files
- How to Style Your Plugin’s Output
- Object Oriented WordPress Plugin Development
Or Perhaps in Theme Development?
Of course, we haven’t forgotten the theme designers & developers! Here you go:
And if you’re looking for more WordPress books and other resources, check out our Beginners’ Handbook.
Making Money Online
We happen to be passionate about making money online. Building WordPress sites for clients, blogging, or developing and supporting WordPress themes and plugins are one of the best ways of making money online that we know of. However there are many other ways of doing so. If you’re interested in the topic, here are some recommended reads:
We hope you enjoy your time at WP Mayor and become part of our community! If you have any suggestions you’re welcome to send them over, we appreciate suggestions from members of the community.