Many bloggers use affiliate links as one of their sources of income. As time passes it starts to become more difficult to keep tabs on all the affiliate links within your site.
Prevent that from happening by installing an affiliate link management plugin for WordPress. If you’re looking to use Amazon affiliate links on your WordPress site, you need to look at this in-depth tutorial.
I’ve gone ahead and done the hard work for you, researching the best plugins for you to implement.
Premium Affiliate Link Management plugin – Thirsty Affiliates
Thirsty Affiliates empowers you to quickly and easily manage all of your affiliate sales efforts in WordPress.
Whether you’re running a large or small website, ThirstyAffiliates gives you back the control you desire to execute effective affiliate marketing campaigns.
If you’re having more than a few affiliate links on your site, save yourself some headaches further on and buy this plugin. It is really the leader when it comes to affiliate link management plugins for WordPress.
Unlike other plugins that simply redirect URLs, ThirstyAffiliates gives you the control to create a link once, and reference it many times over. You can even import your links to other blogs so you only ever have to set it up once. Thirsty Affiliates is essential for those who have lots of links and multiple blogs.
Premium Affiliate Link Management Plugin – Pretty Link Pro
Pretty Link Pro is a Plugin for WordPress that will enable you to shrink, cloak, track, organize, share and test all of your links on your own domain and server.
Pretty Link Pro is more than a mere Affiliate Link Cloaker or URL shortener — it will revolutionize how you approach your business by allowing you to automate repetitive tasks, optimize your site with testing, see the results of your campaigns immediately and virally spread your links—including all your Affiliate Links within minutes!
Pretty Link is proven, gets results and has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times … Download it today and see what you’ve been missing!
Best Free Affiliate Link Manager – WinkPress Affiliate Links Manager
With WinkPress’ affiliate links manager plugin you can:
- Create simple URL redirects.
- Track clicks in your Google Analytics account.
- Reduce load on your server — this plugin handles redirects efficiently.
The plugin’s menu is under “Links” in the admin sidebar.
You can think of this plugin as a free alternative to Thirsty Affiliates, however, I only recommend using this if you absolutely want a free plugin and only have a few links to manage.
When you start having more than 20 links you’re going to get headaches managing everything. Another downside with this plugin, when compared to Thirsty Affiliates, is that you don’t get any statistics, which as you know is vital when doing affiliate marketing.
The way it hides the affiliate link interface under the ‘Links’ menu item in the dashboard is also something that I don’t particularly like. With Thirsty Affiliates you can access the affiliate links directly as it adds a top level menu item within the dashboard.
Alternative Affiliate Link Management System – Easy Redirect
You might also wish to consider a non-WordPress script like Easy Redirect for managing your affiliate links.
If you have a good number of sites that use the same affiliate links, it can become quite a hassle to log in to each site and add the link you wish to be cloaked or edit it. So that’s one problem that cannot be solved with any of the above plugins.
Another issue is that the plugins we mentioned are great only as long as they are used within your WordPress site. If you try to use one of those cloaked links off-site, say in an ebook, it won’t work. This can be a problem if you want to use a range of marketing methods for promoting your affiliates.
The answer to these two problems is to use a domain redirect as an affiliate link cloaker. You just choose one domain and set up all your affiliate links there. This works similarly to URL shorteners like bit.ly. However are a number of issues with such free shorteners, which make using your own domain a better choice:
- Say you invested heavily into promoting a certain affiliate URL all over the Internet. You’ve put it on several sites and you’re ready to make money. Problem – the program you’re promoting shuts downs, changes to a new affiliate structure or somehow causes you to manually have to go and adjust every single link you have on the web.
- Well most free URL shorteners do not allow you to go back and edit your links! However, with Easy Redirect Script you could simply log into your admin panel and change one single field, and it would automatically make the changes for you… Saving you hours of time and making you money, easier!
- If I give you this URL- http://bit.ly/f4YLfv – would it be easy for you to remember it? However if I give you this url – http://jasonloves.com/easy – I’ll bet you’d remember that, wouldn’t you? You could recommend it word of mouth and you could find it and access it easily.
- If a marketer sends you to a bit.ly or budurl link, you know it’s an affiliate link don’t you? Plus a lot of Internet service providers either block or send warnings when people try to access URLs from some of these URL shortening services… Thus it will cost you traffic.
With free you get pretty much one option – a simple redirect. You don’t get the Stealth Redirects, the Promo Redirects, or all the other Robust Features that Easy Redirect Script has.
So ultimately the number one solution is to buy a short domain, install Easy Redirect script, and manage all your links from there. Then in any of your WordPress sites, ebooks of wherever, you can just use these links you have created.
Easy Redirect has a really nice and clean interface, so don’t worry about getting confused, it’s nothing too technical, and might be the best solution for you.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WPMayor’s RSS feed.