WooCommerce is becoming a huge player in global online e-commerce, and online bookings is an important sub-niche. Hotels, travel operators, tours, spas, personal trainers etc etc all need a booking system for their website.
The below WooCommerce extensions will help you set up your online bookings without too much hassle. Although they all do a great job at offering plenty of features, they may not necessarily meet your exact needs. If that’s the case, we recommend working with a trusted and experienced WooCommerce developer to get exactly what you need. Below is our top recommendation right now – Progressus.
Hire a WooCommerce Expert
Progressus is a verified WooCommerce expert that can help you develop or customise the booking system your website really needs.REQUEST A QUOTE
If an extension is all you need, these are the cream of the crop
So which WooCommerce extensions are best for bookings at the moment?
YITH Booking & Appointment for WooCommerce was built upon request by, and keeping in mind, Yith and WooCommerce customers. It integrates a regular WooCommerce store with a simple booking system which can be used by both customers and vendors.
It can be used for estate agencies, travel agencies, hairdressers, doctors, business consultants, and anyone else who may benefit from integrating a booking system into their WordPress site.
It creates a dynamic booking system where the price is processed in real time according to your customers’ requests. This allows you to arrange your bookings by date, period or season, number of people involved and much more.
Here are some of its great features, among many others:
- Create unlimited bookable products
- Configure All Day bookings or et monthly, daily, hourly, and per-minute booking products
- Let users set the duration of the booking.
- Automatically approve all new bookings or review them before confirmation
- Allow users to cancel their booking until a specified term before the start date of the booking
- Set the booking location (using Google API: towns and cities worldwide will be available)
- Increase or decrease the booking cost based on the following factors:
- pre-set time frames (e.g. high season and off season)
- number of people in the booking
- duration of the booking
- Set the first and last date available for the booking
- Provide info about check-in and check-out
- Ask for the type of people during the booking process
- Offer additional services either for free or for an extra cost
- Add the map pointing to the location of the bookable product in product detail page
- Create custom search forms
- Create a booking manually from the WordPress backend
- Export bookings in CSV or ICS
- Integrate Google Calendar to be synchronized with admin calendar
- Auto-sync the calendar with services like Booking, Airbnb and Homeway
WooCommerce Booking & Appointment plugin transforms your WooCommerce shop to a full-fledged Booking platform. It lets you capture the Booking Date & Time for each service.
It is “fully integrated” with WooCommerce. It can be used to create & manage all types of booking services. You can sell tickets, tours, hotel bookings, appointments and much more with this plugin.
Some of the salient features of this plugin:
- The Booking Process will be “fully integrated” with your WooCommerce shop.
- Flexible labels to name your bookings the way you want.
- Choose the booking calendar of your language.
- It allows you to sell vacation rentals & volume discount rentals.
- You can accept booking orders over the phone or emails.
- You can easily sync your bookings with calendar applications.
- You can take advantage of more than a 100 payment gateways available with WooCommerce.
- You can get real granular with the way you set booking options for each service.
- You can set Global & Product Specific “exclude days” rules. It is similar to blackout days. You can prevent bookings for some of the dates.
- You can create time slots, e.g. bookings can be made only from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM & so on.
- You can specify the date and time of availability. This makes it useful for services that are available for limited time period such as a play or movie.
WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments from PluginHive evolves your WooCommerce into a self-sustaining Bookings management system. This plugin seamlessly attaches a booking calendar to your existing or new products/services where clients can book, mention their details, and pay the amount – all in one place. With this plugin, you can offer bookings and also sell products all in the same WooCommerce store.
You can rent out your porch for ceremonies, offer appointments for advice on taxes, schedule appointments with patients, offer bookings for organizing birthday parties etc. With this plugin, you’ll be able to set up working hours and non-availability including holidays in between as well as easily manage booking prices.
The plugin is supported by a team that responds quickly to the customer queries and issues.
WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin features:
- Offer bookings in time slots of minute(s), hour(s), day(s) or month(s)
- Unlimited number of bookings with no monthly subscriptions
- Offer bookings for a fixed duration of time; e.g.: 3 hours appointments or 2 days workshop; or allow clients to choose a flexible duration of time, so customers get to choose a start and an end
- Set up booking availability – configure working and non-working hours, days, etc. Plan your vacations and set them in the calendar as non-bookable
- Set up a fixed booking window
- Add flexible buffer between your bookings
- Flexible pricing – Set up multiple combinations of pricing rules and vary them timely
- Offer dynamic booking price calculation in real-time
- Manage staff or team availability and offer bookings accordingly; e.g.: a salon with bookings for multiple hairdressers
- Confirm a booking request or choose to automatically accept them as they arrive
- Allow users to cancel their bookings themselves
- Allow customers to choose the number of items or people participating in a time-slot and charge them accordingly
- Offer additional items or resources along with the bookings and charge them accordingly
- Customers can mention additional information in the notes along with their bookings
- Admin can manually create bookings for a new or existing order
- Manage your bookings in the Bookings Management area where admin can create, cancel or confirm bookings and view all the bookings in one place
- Automatically sync your bookings with your Google Calendar
- Convert the calendar into an accommodation booking system by allowing to book per night basis. Here the calendar displays the check in and check out date and calculates the price considering the nights booked.
The first plugin we can take a look at is the official extension from WooCommerce themselves. It works very well and is more flexible than some other plugins, but is also more expensive.
This powerful extension allows you to sell your time or date based bookings, adding a new product type to your WooCommerce site. Perfect for those wanting to offer appointments, services or rentals.
- Create booking slots
- Multi-person bookings
- Customer email notifications
- Have bookings made either right away, or sent to you for approval.
- Filter and update bookings, as well as booking availability, directly from your WordPress admin.
- Create bookings manually via the WordPress admin, mirroring the frontend bookings form your customers see.
- There is huge flexibility in defining costs per booking, resource, block, people or duration.
- Define when your booking is available to your customers.
- “Resources” per bookable product for added flexibility. Resources can also be created globally, to apply to multiple bookable products.
- Define global availability rules for all bookable products.
- Integration with the Product Add-ons extension letting you add extras for each booking.
- Send custom email notifications to people who have booked a product.
- View bookings in either list or calendar format.
Setup appointable products for WooCommerce with the WordPress Appointment Booking Plugin. It is perfectly integrated into WooCommerce, WordPress as well as Google Calendar.
It’s one of the best appointment scheduling software you can get right now. You can request payments or just confirmations, and it even allows you to receive payments for appointments. You’ll be able to keep a perfectly organized calendar and reduce no-shows with advanced notifications and reminders.
It is very easy to add a new appointment manually for a customer. Besides adding new appointment in your website admin, you can also add new appointment to your Google calendar and it will be automatically synced. All email templates are also integrated with the WooCommerce notification system and can be edited the same way as default WooCommerce email notifications, while templates can also be edited in your child themes.
For a better overview of your appointments, you can view and edit your appointments inside a flexible calendar, and manage it in a weekly or daily view while being synced with staff as well as Google calendar. In addition, not only can you accept payments/deposits for your appointments, but you can also receive appointment requests. This way, you don’t accept payments for your appointments upfront and have better control over the schedule.
All these plugins offer you the ability to take bookings on your site via WooCommerce, which you might have already invested on to sell other products from your website. If you have not yet invested in the WooCommerce ecosystem, you might also take a look at Easy Digital Downloads and its EDD Bookings add-on.
Have you tried out the above plugins? What are your thoughts? Did you find them lacking in any area?