Ok, you’ve made the decision to start sending out newsletters as part of your marketing strategy. Excellent choice! Email marketing is one of the cheapest and most rewarding forms of marketing nowadays.
The next choice you have to make is whether to use an online service provided by companies who specialise in email marketing, or install a plugin that can handle all your needs from within WordPress. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each.
Email Marketing Service – Pros and Cons
- High degree of deliverability
- Excellent support
- Best feature set
- High quality templates
- Can be expensive
- Limited integration with WordPress
- Usage restrictions
WP Integration plugins / guides
- How to integrate Mailchimp with WP using Wishlist Member
- Mailchimp list subscribe form plugin for WordPress
- Aweber form plugin for WordPress
- iContact form plugin for WordPress
- GetResponse form plugin for WordPress
WordPress Email Marketing Plugin – Pros and Cons
- Cheaper (Free or one-time purchase)
- Security (you don’t share your list)
- Greater level of customisation
- Integrated with WordPress
- Might have problems with deliverability
- Not recommended for huge lists if your site is hosted on a shared server
Best WordPress Newsletter Plugin?
Have you decided to go down the plugin route? Great, you have a few options, here are the most mature WordPress newsletter plugins:
After trying them all out, I can safely say that Tribulant Newsletter is the one that impressed me most. It has a clean interface, is easy-to-use and has all the features you’d expect from a solid email marketing system. It’s development is also very active so it will probably be improved further with new features in the coming months.
Would you like to put Tribulant Newsletter through a test drive?
We had a brief chat with the developer of Tribulant Newsletter (Antonie Potgetier), who told us that the plugin is under constant development, with a new version being released very recently. New features are already planned for the next release, so this project is definitely alive and promises well for the future.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Do you use an online service or a WordPress plugin for your email marketing campaigns? Which plugin do you like best? Let us know in the comments section!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WPMayor’s RSS feed.