Translating plugins and themes into other languages apart from English is all the rage these days as WordPress usage booms across the globe. After all English is not even the most widely spoken language, so clearly we need to take care of the speakers of other languages and this will also help us plugin and theme developers make more sales for our products.
A very handy plugin to help you translate your plugins and themes is Loco Translate, which can be downloaded for free from the plugin repository.
The Loco Translate plugin provides in-browser editing of PO files used for localizing WordPress plugins and themes.
- Built-in translation editor within WordPress admin
- Create and update language files directly in your theme or plugin
- Extraction of translatable strings from your source code
- Native MO file compilation without the need for Gettext on your system
- Support for PO features including comments, references and plural forms
- Configurable PO file backups
- Built-in WordPress locale codes