Backing up your WordPress site or blog is essential, you never know what might happen and you don’t want to lose all the work you’ve put into building your site. Therefore you should plan for backing up your site from the outset. Luckily, there is an excellent WordPress backup plugin that will make the backup process a real piece of cake.
BlogVault Backup Service
BlogVault is a reliable WordPress backup, staging & migration solution. I use it for taking real-time backups for a number my websites and eCommerce sites. It has a free as well as a paid version. BlogVault’s notable features are:
- Taking Daily Automatic Backups
- Scheduling Backups as per convenience
- Taking On-Demand Backups
- Real-Time Backup for WooCommerce sites
- Incremental Backup for large websites
- Off-site Storage of backups
- One-Click Auto Restore of backups
- Access up to 365 Days Backup
- Built-in Staging and Merging
Backup Buddy is a plugin developed by iThemes, and I use it to take backups on all my WordPress websites. It really is the best WordPress backup plugin in circulation. It is a paid plugin but well worth the price. Here are some of its features:
- Back up all site content & files
- Rapid restore & migration
- Amazon S3 off-site backups
- FTP off-site backups
- Send backups via email
- Scheduled backups & transfers
- Directory exclusion
- Full & database only options
- Compatibility features for picky servers
- Back up non-WordPress tables (optional)
- Dashboard backup status
- Backup file integrity checking
- Email notifications
- Limit number of local backups
- Premium forum support
- Built-in help system
- Video walkthroughs
- Automatic upgrades
For a guide on how to create your WordPress backups using BackupBuddy, check out our WordPress Backup Tutorial.
What WordPress backup system do you have in place?
Howzit. Great site!
Do you have any reviews on top wp backup plugins?
I can only easily find mention of backup buddy on here.
BackupBuddy is the one I use and recommend.