In the wide world of galleries, one new plugin stands out for its originality – Circles WordPress Gallery. What are the key features of this plugin, and why is it different from other galleries?
At first glance, we can see its brand new look and feel. The images are shown as circles with titles and captions inside. The images are placed using a responsive column layout. You can set the number of columns for desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
It’s something really nice as well as unique. There are 57 different effects you can use to display text when a mouse hovers over the images.
- Easily create galleries with the WordPress media panel
- Use a handy shortcode to place the gallery where you like
- Choose from 57 different mouse hover effects
- Choose the place of the text: inside or outside the circle
- Customize the text size
- Choose an icon from Fontawesome: 479 available icons
- Open full-size images with a lightbox
- Choose your favorite lightbox: PrettyPhoto, ColorBox, Swipebox, Lightbox, FancyBox, or MagnificPopup
- Choose one of the 11 available lightbox themes
- Set the number of columns
- Set a different number of columns for tablets and smartphones
- Set the custom width of the circles
- Use many galleries in the same page or post
- Choose the background color of the circles
- Set a fixed or automatic height of the text
- Set default settings for all galleries
- Create galleries that are responsive with smooth animations
One very important point is that this plugin embodies three different plugins, namely: the “Responsive Gallery”, the “Team Members” plugin, and the “Columns Layout” plugin. Let’s look at these in detail.
The easiest way to use this plugin is to create simple yet innovative image galleries. Each image can be linked to a page, internal or external to the site, or alternatively can open the same image in large format by using one of the 6 available lightboxes. Some lightboxes have graphical themes, for a total of 11 different themes.
Another nice use is to build “Team members” galleries or “About Us” pages, in which you can show pictures of your team with first and last name, e-mail, or any other useful data.
Another possibility offered by this plugin is to create text with a columns layout. Even in this case, you can set the number of columns you want depending on the size of the screen on which the site is being viewed. You can set a fixed or automatic height. With fixed height, excess text will be automatically hidden.
How to use it
Creating new galleries is extremely easy because Circles Galleries uses WordPress’s standard media panel. So, you basically just create a WordPress gallery, and then you change the shortcode gallery to circles_gallery. If you want to customize the gallery, you can use a handy shortcode editor directly from the text editor.
The Circles Gallery shortcode can be used anywhere: posts, pages, widgets, and custom posts.
Circles Gallery is available in three different licenses: Free, Mono, and Multi. The Free license has some limitation: there is only one mouse hover effect and one lightbox. The other features are all included. The Mono license allows the installation of the plugin on a single site. With the Multi license, there aren’t any limits on the number of installations.
For readers of WP Mayor, we have a special 50% discount. Use the promo code MAYOR to activate your discount.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.