Are you a professional who wants to showcase the magnitude of his/her skills online for boosting business? A professional looking website is an obvious solution. But what kind of website, you wonder? Create a one-page website and your visitors won’t be distracted! Your visitors would not have to fiddle around for information on your website. Isn’t that great? CyberChimps’ Compact One – a power-packed free one page WordPress theme, is just what you need!
7 Easy-to-customize Stunning Sections
The theme offers 7 stunning sections – Slider, About, Features, Work, Team, Testimonial, and Contact; each of which is customizable according to your business needs.
WordPress Customizer Theme Setup For Live Preview Of Changes
Compact One uses the default WordPress Customizer for theme setup. Get a live preview of all the changes as you set up the theme.
Customize your website with various typography options – font style, font type, and font size. Choose a different font family for your headings.
Video Tutorials For Setting Up The Theme
The Cyberchimps’ team has created step-by-step Video Tutorials to help you set up your entire business website within minutes. There is a video guide for each homepage section you can use to customize it according to your niche.
Free Support Forum
The CyberChimp’s team offers a free Support Forum for Compact One in case you need any assistance related to the theme.
In-built Full-width Slider On Homepage With 3 Options to Highlight Text
Highlight your best content/service within an in-built full-width slider. The theme provides 3 different options (Background Color | Text Border | None) to highlight the text within the slider as shown in the image above.
Option To Enable/disable Gradient Overlay For Slider Images
Want to display the images without a gradient overlay in the slider? Disable the Gradient Overlay For Slider Images (WordPress Customizer -> Home Page Settings -> Slider Section -> Gradient overlay for slider image -> Disable ) Viola! You have your image looking just the way it is with a click of a button! Need the gradient overlay again? Navigate to WordPress Customizer -> Home Page Settings -> Slider Section -> Gradient overlay for slider image -> Enable. It’s as simple as that.
Mouse-hover Effect For Gallery/Portfolio
Need to show information when a visitor hovers his mouse over your gallery/portfolio? Compact One has a smooth mouse hover effect to display text over your gallery/portfolio content in the Work Section. The theme also enables you to display a Count Up to display your awards, achievements, and projects. Here’s a video tutorial to guide you through it – Compact One – How to setup to Work section
Highlight Achievements/progress Using Count Up And Progress Bar Section
The Count Up feature is part of the Work Section. You can show the progress of your projects and the level of your skills for example in the About section using a progress bar. Similarly, you can add your business/company values (Mission, Vision, and Achievements) to the right of the progress bar. We’ll see a quick tutorial for this later in the post.
If you choose to have a blog for your business, Compact One offers a crisp layout for your blog page. Just create a new page Blog (WordPress Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New) and leave the page Template as Default Template in the Page Attributes option.
Compact One Theme Setup & Configuration
Once you activate Compact One on your WordPress site, the theme uses the default WordPress Customizer for theme setup and customization.
Each theme option is pretty easy to configure. So don’t hesitate to play around and have fun with it. When you are happy with the configurations just click the Save & Publish button to save the changes you made.
Configuring Compact One
The home page of Compact One contains 7 customizable sections – Slider, About, Features, Work, Team, Testimonial, and Contact. But first, you need to create a new page Homepage and set this as the front page in the Reading setting of WordPress (WordPress Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading -> Front Page Displays). Similarly, create a blog page (optional).
Navigate to WordPress Customizer -> Home Page Settings to enable and setup each section. Create pages for each section if you want to display content within the various sections:
- Slider Section: In-built slider on the homepage. Use this section to highlight your best content/services of your business. Choose from 3 different options (Background Color | Text Border | None) and highlight slider text. Remember the Slider section posts are based on only one category for content. You can also choose to display the images without the gradient overlay with the click of a button.
- About Section: This section contains two sub-sections – Skills (progress bars) and Company Values (text tabs). Remember that these sub-sections use posts based on categories for content.
- Features Section: Create a Features page and add a featured image to display to the right of the features. Create posts for the features and add them to a features category. Remember the features section posts are based on categories for content. Recommended image size for the featured images for each feature post is 32 x 32 px.
- Work Section: Create an Our Work page for the Work section. The Work section contains 3 portfolio options, choose three different post categories to display the category titles within the section. Create posts for the work and add them to different categories. Work Section contains a sub-section – Company Profile (count up) to display your projects, awards, and achievements. Create posts for the Company Profile sub-section and them to a particular category. Remember the Company Profile section (count up) posts are based on categories for content.
- Team Section: Create an Our Team page for the Team section. Create posts for different team members with featured images and content. Add them to a team category. Remember the Team section posts are based on only one category for content.
- Testimonial Section: Create a Client Testimonials/Our Clients page with a featured image for the Testimonial section (the featured image will be used as the background image for the section). Create posts for each client testimonial, add content and a featured image for each post. Add them to a testimonial category. Remember the Testimonial section posts are based on only one category for content.
- Contact Section: This section contains three sub-sections – Left, Right, and Bottom. The Left subsection is used to display a contact form (Recommended – Contact Form 7 plugin for a shortcode to add here). Create a new post Get in touch and add a Contact Form 7 shortcode to it. The Right subsection is used to display contact information like address, phone number, and email addresses. Create a new post Address, add content (address, phone number, email address, etc.), and add it to a new contact category. Remember the Right subsection for the Contact Section is based on only one category for content. The Bottom subsection is used to display a Google Map of your business location. Create a new post Map, embed a Google Map iframe code to your location in this post. Add this post to a map category. Remember each subsection of the Contact section uses different post categories for content.
Now wasn’t that easy. If you run into any trouble or get stuck somewhere, use the step-by-step video tutorials.
Although Compact One is a free one page WordPress theme, it does pack features of a premium theme which can be used to mold an elegant website for any business and niche. You can create a crisp website with little or none website development experience. It’s that easy to use! Why not take it for a spin right now?