Have you ever been looking for a way to display informative content of your WordPress website in more seductive layout?
Or just simply, do you want to display some posts of a specific category in Homepage or a page in responsive and attractive layout?
Well, hopefully your search will end here! Today we are proud to introduce you the Content Views Pro (CVPro) plugin which aims to make it is easier than ever to query your WordPress content and display in an amazing layout in just a few minutes, without any line of code.
In this post, we will be exploring the features of the CVPro plugin and seeing how easy you can use it for your WordPress site.
Features and Usage
You have an enlightening website or blog. But how can your readers benefit from them if they see a bulk of content without or little organization in your Homepage? Should you organize them in a more attractive layout so your readers can easily identify the most important information? You have already got the answer actually. That is why Content Views Pro comes into the picture.
Whether your visitors read your content in PC, Tablet or Smartphones, the CVPro plugin will ensure that your content is displayed in the best stunning way.
This is some highlights from the feature list of this plugin:
- Responsive & gorgeous layouts (Grid, Pinterest, Facebook Timeline, Scrollable list/Slider, Collapsible/Toggle list)
- Easy to query your posts with various filters (taxonomies, author…)
- Custom post types support (WooCommerce product, portfolio, testimonial…)
- Selectable fields (thumbnail, title, content, meta fields) to display
- Drag and drop to customizing order of fields
- Selectable thumbnail sizes and styles
- Auto embed Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Soundcloud from link inside post content (if thumbnail image is not found)
- Customizable excerpt length, “Read more” button
- Customizable pagination style (Regular pagination, Load more button)
- Customizable style: font settings (font family, font style, font size), color of text, background color
- Customizable action when click on post title, thumbnail (including New window, Lightbox)
- Sort and order content with nice shuffling animation
- Right to left support fully
- Replace WordPress layout in category page, search page… by an amazing layout completely (requires a little coding)
Using Content Views Pro
Assuming you want to display some latest posts in your Homepage, display posts of a specific category in a page or display most popular posts in Sidebar…You can do all your needs with 2 simple steps:
- Step 1 : Create a “View” to query your desired content and customize the layout to display them
- Step 2 : Save View then paste generated shortcode [pt_view id="VIEW_ID"] to right place (editor of a page, Text widget… anywhere you want to display your content). If you are a developer, you can <?php echo do_shortcode('[pt_view id="VIEW_ID"]'); ?> in your WordPress theme
“View” is a custom post type which Content Views plugin uses to store options to produce output of your content.
Once the plugin has been installed and activated on your site, a new top level menu item is added to the WordPress admin sidebar menu entitled “Content View Settings”. This menu has three options:
- Content View Settings (control loading of front-end assets, select user role who can add/edit/delete View, enter the license key)
- All Views (view all existing Views)
- Add New (create a new View)
Creating a View
Each time you want to display your WordPress content in a customizable layout, you should create a View, by simply click on the “Add New” menu item.
In the Add View page, at top of the screen is the preview panel, where you can see the output on the fly. Below it is the View title field, you should enter title for each View to identify them more easily in All Views page. It doesn’t need to be complex, just somethings like: Latest posts at Homepage, Most popular posts in News page, For Portfolio page…
In the main area is an accordion with four sections.
- “Filter Settings” section includes options to query your content. In this section, you can:
- select type of content you want to display (Post, Page or custom post types, e.g. WooCommerce products, portfolios…)
- set limit of items to display
- includes/excludes specific posts in output
- filter content by taxonomies, author, keyword, status
- sort content by custom order, e.g title, date, comment count, view count…
- “Display Settings” section includes options to customize the output. In this section, you can:
- select one from five lovely layouts (Grid, Pinterest, FB Timeline, Scrollable list/Slider, Collapsible/Toggle list). With each layout, there are one or some adjustable options which can make the output is more flexible
- adjust layout of each item in output (1 column, 2 columns)
- drag & drop to change display order of fields (title, content, thumbnail, meta fields)
- enable/disable pagination and tweak pagination settings (number of items per page, pagination style, pagination alignment)
- adjust action when click on title, thumbnail of each item in output. There are some options, including New window, Lightbox popup
- “Style Settings” section includes options to customize style of Title, Content… in the output. You are able to select color, font family (from top 50 most popular Google fonts), font style (normal, italic, bold…) and font size.
When you select a font family, the font style list will be regenerated with related styles of selected font. You will see numbers in this list, e.g. 300, 400, 500, 600, 800. They determine how thick or thin characters in text should be displayed. Higher number, thicker characters.
- “Shuffle Filter” section includes options to reorder and filter posts with a nice shuffling animation. There are three styles for the filter bar (buttons group, breadcrumb, dropdown list).
If you need to edit any of your Views, simply go to the All Views page and click on the edit link for that particular View. There is a search form where you can enter title or ID of View to searching for.
You can also make a copy of a View from this screen by clicking on the Duplicate link for that View. It will auto copy all options of selected View and navigate you to edit page of new View.
There are three different pricing options for purchasing Content Views Pro:
- Personal: $39 – single site license
- Business: $89 – five sites license
- Developer: $199 – unlimited sites license
Each option gives one year of updates and support (email and member-only forum). After this one year period is up, you can continue using the plugin unsupported and unupdated or renew your license with a 30% discount on the price of your chosen plan.
There is also a 30-day money guarantee if you have any issue which can’t be fixed that makes the plugin unusable.
Support and Documentation
All pricing plans of Content Views Pro give you access to email and forum support for one year, and beyond that if they choose to renew their license. All support request will be responded in same day.
The plugin is well supported thanks to the online documentation where you can easily find how to use all features of the plugin.
Final Conclusion and Recommendations
Content Views Pro make it is easier than ever to display your WordPress content in beautiful output without hassle, without coding. The user interface is very clean and clear, the features are easy to use, either you are WordPress newbie or an user for years.
With this plugin, you don’t need any other plugins else to display your newest posts, most popular posts… in Homepage, in another page or in Sidebar with awesome layout (Pinterest, Timeline, Grid…). This plugin also helps you to filter your content with nice shuffling animation easily.
If you are looking for the most easy way to add attractive and customizable layout to your WordPress website, then the Content Views Pro plugin comes highly recommended.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.