Have you uploaded a bunch of photos or documents, and want to insert them as a batch into your post or page editor? Strangely enough, WordPress doesn’t have this functionality yet. You need to insert links one by one in what is a very drab affair.
Worry not however, as usual some well-developed plugins come to our rescue, enter:
Faster Image Insert
Not only for images but for all types of media, this plugin can be a real time saver.
Faster Image Insert aims to do one thing right:
Moves built-in Media Manager down in a meta-box, right next to main editing panel, so you have full control of the manager: opens it, makes it collapse or hidden from the interface completely.
Best of all, is now you can insert image(s) much faster, and precisely where you want them to be.
- No thickbox, using metabox with zero interface blocking, quite similar to the uploader in WordPress 1.5
- No hacking, default upload interface is not affected, only enhanced.
- Insert multiple images in gallery & library mode, without using shortcode; can also insert images in reversed order, and even control spacing between images.
- Mass info editing, change title/captions in one-shot.
- Smart switches: set default uploader, disable captions.
This plugin is designed for:
- Screenshot lover – movie, game or anime review etc.
- Howto guru – cooking guide, hardware DIY guide etc.
- Photo logger – author can comment below each photo.
- Blogger that has been shouting “run, thickbox, RUN!” to the loading screens.
“File Gallery” extends WordPress’ media (attachments) capabilities by adding a new gallery shortcode handler with templating support, a new interface for attachment handling when editing posts, and much more… Here’s the full list of features:
- multiple galleries per post with custom attachment order
- a flexible templating system (PHP, CSS, JS) – choose a different template for each gallery, even within the same post (4 templates included with plugin)
- simple, easy to use UI with drag and drop sorting shows attachment thumbnails beneath text editor: everything attachments-related is on the same screen you’re editing your post on
- fully integrated with the visual editor (tinyMCE) – click on the
placeholder image and change any option in the File Gallery metabox – changes will be applied instantly
- settings page extends the default media settings page
- attach copies of items from media library to current post (copies data only, not the file)
- copy all attachments from another post
- unattach (detach) items from current post
- media tags = tag your attachments and then use those tags to choose which attachments you want to display in your gallery or to filter your media library items.
- custom fields for attachments
- gallery pagination
- different background colors for items in media library depending on their status = completely unattached (white), attached to other posts (red), or attached to current post (yellow)
- compatible with “WordPress Mobile Edition”, “Media Tags” and “WPML Multilingual CMS” plugins
- basic caching of gallery output and frequent queries (transients)
- please see the help file for complete list of features
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WPMayor’s RSS feed.