We’re looking for a talented freelance WordPress plugin developer to work on our plugins, such as WP RSS Aggregator.
As a developer here, you’ll create kick ass products and help improve existing code. You’ll also create fanatic users by providing stellar high level support and writing easy to follow documentation.
The opportunity calls for a mixed set of skills. We need someone with expert level PHP / MYSQL skills, impeccable WordPress experience, and basic system administration experience (Apache/Nginx).
We love working with each other because we have built a remote culture that suits us well. To be on our team, you must be:
- Helpful: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- Happy: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- Curious: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- Accountable: Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
Work from anywhere in the world.
- Architect and document plugin solutions using best practices
- Integrate code into existing plugin architecture
- Manage and optimize server performance
- Produce code solutions that scale to large loads
- Be a part of QA team and optimize / review other team members’ code
- Back up the support team on difficult issues / support tickets
- Work with design team to architect most effective solutions
- Manage SVN / GIT and code releases
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge and Experience
- WordPress structure, themes, and plugins
- Proficiency at local environment development
Additional Experience a Plus
- Examples of plugins that you’ve released to the open source community
- Advanced WordPress debug skills
- Apple Mac dev environment
We believe that you should be happy, helpful, curious & accountable, on top of being good at what you do. We believe life should be lived intentionally. We believe in a class of artisans and craftsman in control of their work who solve people problems rather than just build more crap. We believe in a sustainable vision of open source, and contribute consistently into the ecosystem.
We’re 100% remote. Set your own hours, get work done, and at the end of the day you can be proud that you’ve worked on some seriously cool stuff.
If this sounds interesting to you and fits your profile please go ahead and fill in the form below.