A new plugin has just been released that allows you to show LinkedIn group information directly on your WordPress site. The plugin is called LinkedIn Groups for WP and is great news for group owners who want to show information about their group on their site.
How it Works
The plugin uses short-codes to show group information on pages or posts, and a widget to show group discussions in any sidebar area. The information that can be shown is:
- LinkedIn group basic info such as name, logo, and description
- Number of members in the group
- Group discussions (recent and/or popular)
- Comments on the discussions
- Buttons for joining the group and commenting on discussions
You can choose how many discussions and comments you want to show both on the page and in the widget, and you can also choose whether to just show the basic info such as group name and description without any discussions. People are using the latter option to show multiple groups on a page.
What about private groups?
The only information that can be displayed from closed/private LinkedIn groups is the group name, logo, description, and number of members, because this is publicly available information. No group discussions or comments can be shown for private groups because of LinkedIn’s privacy guidelines.
Who is this plugin for?
The plugin has been popular amongst several groups of people such as:
- Group owners and managers who want to promote their group through another medium
- Businesses who want to show different groups in their industry
- Freelancers and entrepreneurs who want to show the groups to which they belong to establish credibility in their industry
The plugin has the potential for people to create entire websites dedicated a single group or network of groups.
The plugin retails for $39 for a single site license, and $97 for a multisite license. Included in the price is the plugin itself, 12 months of support and updates, and a 30-day money back guarantee.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.