WP Mayor is one of the most widely respected and long-lasting WordPress blogs around, run by a young and growing team with a focus on managing and growing content and affiliate projects.
Following the successful launch of the new and improved WP Mayor website in late 2020, we are now looking for an SEO specialist to increase our efforts and continue to grow WP Mayor into its second decade.
Here’s who we’re looking for.
Who you are
- You are passionate about SEO and affiliate marketing, always staying up-to-date with the latest trends in both. You love to take the initiative and take responsibility for your work, all while growing together with the team that you work alongside on a daily basis.
- You have experience with WordPress and are familiar with how plugins, themes, hosting, and other WordPress-related services work.
- You are able to communicate effectively with your team, accepting and providing critical feedback and recommendations in a friendly and professional way.
- You have previous experience as an SEO specialist, ideally in a remote role (though not necessarily), and have a passion to continue learning and expanding your skill-set with our support.
- You’re fluent in both written and spoken English to be able to communicate effectively with your team over chat, email, audio calls and video calls.
- You want to be a long-term integral part of our growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Keyword research
- SEO audits and implementing the resulting actions
- Technical audits and implementing the resulting actions
- Page-speed audits to improve site performance
- UX audits and recommendations to improve site experience.
- Internal linking optimisation
- Creating effective topical clusters (SILOs)
- Researching competition
- Other minor ad-hoc duties as necessary
Your skills and experience
To excel in this role, we’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of proven SEO experience.
- Be a confident user of SEO and related tools (Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Excel & Google Sheets, Google Trends, and others).
- Always be up-to-date with the latest SEO trends.
- Be able to identify SEO opportunities and quick wins.
- Be proactive and willing to take responsibility.
- Ideally, but not necessarily a requirement, you have experience optimising affiliate and content-heavy websites.
- Have a good understanding of how websites work (HTML, CSS, JS).
- You are able and willing to learn an adapt to new initiatives quickly.
Who we are & what we offer
We’re a fully remote team of individuals with different backgrounds and life stories that work together on a daily basis to deliver the best guides, tutorials and reviews that we possibly can.
As part of our team, you have the opportunity to enjoy working from the comfort of your own home or while travelling to your favourite destinations (when possible). You will get to meet people from around the world as you collaborate with various companies, product owners, and developers.
Everyone no our team has flexible working hours so you’re able to create your own work schedule while making sure that you’re available to collaborate with other team members when necessary.
Speaking of which, we avoid unnecessary meetings, emails and messages to make sure everyone can focus on their work. Our day-to-day communication is asynchronous unless otherwise required, enabling you to work without the constant feeling that you may be interrupted.
Everyone on our team is given equal opportunity and has an open communication channel to everyone else on the team.
In this role you will be working alongside Gaby – WP Mayor’s Content Manager, Mark – our CEO, and Jean – our Founder.
By working with WP Mayor, you have the opportunity to be part of the history and future journey of one of the original and most well-respected WordPress blogs. We have been around for over 10 years and are looking forward to what the next 10 have in store for us!
How to apply
If you’ve read through the above and think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you! Fill in the application form below to get started.
While we do our best to reply to all applications, we might not manage to respond to each and every application. If we feel that you’d be a good addition to our team, we will get in touch with you within a few days.