private woocommerce category
Sometimes you want to make a splash with a sale at your store. Other times, you’d prefer to keep things a bit more selective.
This post is about the latter – specifically, how to create a secret sale at your WooCommerce store.
With a secret sale, you’ll have pinpoint control over exactly which users have access to your sale prices.
You can either:
- Create a private category (or categories) and grant access to specific user roles or create a password to allow entrance to the secret sale categories.
- Make your entire WooCommerce store private so that only authorized users can access any part of your store (including the sale).
Need to create a private WooCommerce category that only authorized users have access to? With the right tools, you can make one or more categories on your store completely private.
Then, you can either give automatic access to certain user roles that you specify or give users a password that they can use to access the private category.
This comes in handy if you need to create a:
- Separate category of wholesale products that only certain users have access to.
- Private category that’s just for members, like if you’re running a membership site and want to offer a special set of products to just those members.
- Your own niche use. I’m sure you can think up lots of other site-specific uses!