Here are some good resources and tutorials dealing with the subject of Object Oriented WordPress plugin development.
- Tom McFarlin’s WordPress Plugin Boilerplate
- Tom McFarlin’s What’s the best way to Instantiate a Plugin
- Two Ways to Develop WordPress Plugins: Object Oriented Programming
- Object Oriented Plugin Development
- WP + You + OOP
- OOP for Theme Development (Presentation)
- An MVC inspired Approach to WordPress Plugin Development
Since the original list I’ve found some other great articles, which are probably even better for those starting out:
- Mike Schinkel’s Using Classes as code wrappers for WordPress plugins (part of a series – excellent stuff)
- Eric Mann’s WordPress Plugin Structure
I’m still learning the ropes with OOP, and will hopefully write a tutorial myself at a later stage. If you know of any other great resources on OOP, let me know.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.