Uncode is a newcomer, but it has already taken on the status of a ThemeForest Top Seller. The key for its success? More than 1 year of hard work and strict attention to detail. The result is a theme loaded with powerful features and –
- a multiplicity of options based on a relatively small number of modules (28) rather than following a highly modular approach.
- Features common in other WordPress themes have been combined and built upon, resulting in an extremely flexible tool.
Uncode’s buyers have embraced it with enthusiasm, due in part to its modern and fresh selection of customizable layouts:
28 modules, 70 Masonry/Isotype Carousel options, advanced grid and more
There are many things to like about Uncode. If you do a feature-by-feature walkthrough, you’ll find a common thread – innovative functionality and multiple options.
- Upcode’s grid system is possibly the most advanced of any WordPress theme. With so many options to choose from, you would be hard pressed to conceive of a layout you could not create. Options including fluid or boxed layouts, responsive layouts, and out-of-grid options can even be mixed together.
- Instead of calling into play 200 or more modules, Uncode is built around 28, with several featuring more than 100 options. A majority of these options can be used in combination, resulting in the nearly unbelievable flexibility characterizing this theme.
- Theme options are hierarchical. This approach gives you total control over your layouts and your content, including your use of colors and typography.
- The Masonry/Isotope and Carousel options can be customized to create blog posts, shop product pages, portfolio items, and more. Image, audio, and video elements are easy to incorporate, as are design features such as skins, animation, scrolling, hover animations, and typographic options. More than 70 options are available.
- HTML, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, and other media types can be uploaded into Uncode’s enhanced Media Library for use as website content.
- Uncode’s Basic Header is another multiple-option feature that can provide a solution to almost any header requirement. Revolution Slider and Layer Slider are not needed, although these popular plugins have been included in the package. Basic Header options include font control, design element alignments, parallax, video, and the ability to place virtually any component you choose in a header.
- A 1-click demo is nothing new. What is different is this: Uncode does not rely on a series of standalone demos. You can import any page at any time and pick and choose the elements you intend to work with.
- The Adaptive Images feature detects your website user’s screen size and creates appropriately re-scaled versions of your website pages. While this function is essentially automatic, re-scaling can also be customized.
Working with Uncode is almost like working with a black box. The options you need are there for the asking. You don’t have to be concerned about what is happening inside the black box. It does exactly what you want it to be doing.
Beautifully crafted back-end and high flexibility
On the surface, Uncode appears to have features similar to most other premium WordPress themes, but there is much that sets Uncode apart.
- First, is the attention to detail. “Pixel perfect” is sometimes used as a catch phrase, but Uncode’s’ layouts are clean, modern, and designed to fit any screen size perfectly.
- Unicode does not rely heavily on a modular approach. Relatively few modules are involved in its operation, but each one features a multiplicity of options, making Uncode one of the most flexible WordPress themes on the market.
- Website building is not based on using a number of standalone demos as is the case with many WordPress themes. Instead you only import those features you want to use from a single demo, and leave behind the ones you don’t intend to use.
- Uncode does not rely solely on Visual Composer’s front end for page building. VC is primarily used as a background engine with rebuilt page-creating functionality added to it, resulting in a highly flexible page-creation
From a different perspective, the thing that makes Uncode different is the innovative approach its authors have taken in applying advanced technologies to create simple solutions.
The Uncode Team
The team behind Uncode’s design and development consists of two web developers. One is based in Sweden, and the other works out of Italy. These two have formed an Elite ThemeForest Author Team. Their strength lies in their technical competency and their talent for innovation.
Their goal is to use the latest technologies to provide elegant solutions for website creators. The team’s focus is on technical consistency, attention to detail, an applying lessons learned to make the necessary decisions leading to the best results in the long run.
If Uncode has a weakness, it might be the small size of the development team, yet its design is close to perfection, and customer support is excellent.
There is a learning curve, but it primarily involves taking full advantage of what this theme offers. Beginners need not shy away from selecting it, as it is one of the best themes on the market, and it is highly recommended for users at all levels.