If you have not been living under a rock for the past few years, you must have heard of Bitcoin. It is an open-source, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency used in digital transactions.
Bitcoin has gained widespread acceptance by now. Just like PayPal payment system, Bitcoin is a reliable and safe method for online money transfers. Over 100,000 merchants accept Bitcoins, including giants such as Dell, Dish Network, Microsoft, Zynga, and many others.
So, if you can use Bitcoins to buy products ranging from computers, TV channels, operating systems, to video games, then why shouldn’t you have the option to buy cloud hosting with bitcoin? After all, you are making an online payment, and Bitcoin has proven to be as convenient and secure as credit cards, with certain additional advantages for the customers and vendors alike.
How Bitcoin works?
The payments made through the Bitcoin network are carried out without the oversight of any government financial institution. Transactions made between parties are “one-way” in that the payment once made, cannot be reversed.
The payment is processed through the peer-to-peer network of users, who lend their computing power to the network. Each payment is recorded in a publically viewable “blockchain” ledger, but personal identification is impossible from this public record.
New Bitcoins are generated as a reward for those users of the network who help to process payments.
What’s in it for you?
There are many advantages of using Bitcoin:
- Privacy: No need for a credit card if you can’t have one, or don’t want one. Applicable to certain locations only.
- Avoid annual Fees: Unlike credit cards, you don’t pay any annual subscription fee for bitcoin.
- Quick Processing: Payment processing is quicker through the Bitcoin network
- You don’t depend on third parties: Your bitcoin wallet cannot be frozen or closed by any third party.
- No Additional Fees: Say goodbye to interest fees, late payment charges, foreign transaction fees, etc.
To use Bitcoin, you don’t need to provide personal information such as your name and home address. Each transaction has its own unique alphanumeric identifying code and a private key. For those who like to maintain their privacy online, this is the biggest advantage! You can keep a low profile and thwart snooping governments.
Also, hackers cannot steal your financial information from the merchants you make payments to. In the past, companies such as Sony failed to protect the financial data of their customers. The 2011 Sony Playstation Network data breach exposed personal information of tens of millions of users to the hackers.
I advise you to try and keep personal information on the internet to a minimum. If you are looking to a reliable and optimized web hosting service, you can buy web hosting with Bitcoins without any fear of identity theft or financial loss.
How to buy Bitcoins
You might be wondering where you can buy bitcoins. The best resource to get bitcoins is through coinbase bitcoin wallet. If you prefer to buy bitcoins from your own location, check out localbitcoins. For a more detailed and easy-to-understand guide on purchasing bitcoins, check out this article.
Cloudways accepts Bitcoins
Cloudways makes life easier for its customers by introducing Bitcoin payments. It gives more people the opportunity to host their website on the best managed cloud hosting provider.
With the addition of Bitcoin, more people from across the world will be able to host their websites on Cloudways Cloud Hosting Platform. Quality customer service is our real strength, and the latest addition of Bitcoin to our Platform is another step towards offering you an outstanding cloud hosting experience.
How to Pay with BitCoin?
- Log in to your Cloudways account and go to the My Funds tab.
Select Bitcoin and then click on Add Funds.
- After that, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can choose to pay via Bitcoins.
- Click on Pay and you will get the following page with the 2 options for processing your payment. You can either pay via the QR code or use your Wallet to pay.
- Once your payment is processed, you will be redirected to the Cloudways Console page.
It will be interesting to see if other hosting companies follow Cloudways’ innovative example and offer the option of paying via Bitcoin. Join the digital revolution! Start your own website or eCommerce store now and buy hosting with bitcoin!