The free, open-source plug-in allows WordPress Web site owners the opportunity to mobilize and monetize their sites.
New York, NY – April 25, 2012 – Verve Wireless, Inc., the leading mobile advertising and publishing platform, announced today the release of a new WordPress plug-in that enables anyone running a WordPress Web site the ability to easily create a mobile-friendly version of the site. Verve now brings its experience running mobile Web sites, applications and advertising for many of the leading content publishers in the US to the WordPress community.
“WordPress is arguably the leading Web content platform on the planet. With the proliferation of mobile devices, it seemed only natural to provide the WordPress community with a mobile extension that easily allows them to distribute and monetize their content offerings into Mobile,” says Tom MacIsaac , CEO of Verve Wireless. “In the short time since we launched, we’ve already helped create over two thousand mobile Web sites for WordPress publishers.”
Some highlights of the Verve Plug-in include:
- Free to all self-hosted WordPress site owners
- Easy to Install – Standard plug-in installation process
- Customizable Themes – Users can choose one of our provided themes or advanced users can customize or create their own
- Automatic Detection of Mobile Devices – Leverages existing content and hierarchy of pages and posts
- Integrated with the Verve mobile ad platform – Monetization made easy
- Provides Basic Mobile Statistics – Track visits, mobile search engine bots, etc.
According to Technorati, 48% of the top 100 blogs currently use WordPress as their CMS and over 325 billion people view more than 2.5 million pages in an average month on WordPress sites.
For more information and to download the plug-in itself, please visit:
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WPMayor’s RSS feed.