Custom Post Types and Custom Fields were the two features that really transformed WordPress from a simple blogging tool to a fully-fledged CMS. Many still think that custom post types and custom fields are hard to implement, but today I’m going to give you two plugins that will make you the master of CPTs and custom fields within 10 minutes max. Try them out!
Advanced Custom Fields
Advanced Custom Fields is the perfect solution for any wordpress website which needs more flexible data like other Content Management Systems.
- Visually create your Fields
- Select from multiple input types (text, textarea, wysiwyg, image, file, page link, post object, relationship, select, checkbox, radio buttons, date picker, true / false, repeater, flexible content, gallery and more to come!)
- Assign your fields to multiple edit pages (via custom location rules)
- Easily load data through a simple and friendly API
- Uses the native WordPress custom post type for ease of use and fast processing
- Uses the native WordPress metadata for ease of use and fast processing
Part of the Toolset package, Types is a very easy plugin to use. It enables you to create custom post types and fields. Its real power shows when combined with the other components of Toolset.
Types lets you customize the WordPress admin by adding content types, custom fields and taxonomy. You will be able to craft the WordPress admin and turn it into your very own content management system.
Have you used any other plugins that you’d like to recommend?
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.