In terms of search engine optimization and Internet marketing, one topic that continues to trend is structured data and schema.
If implemented correctly, this type of plugin may help improve your WordPress SEO as Google has actually said that structured data may become an SEO ranking factor.
As a quick refresher, structured data is SEO website code that enables you to tag content on your web pages to give Google clarity about the type of data that resides on your web page(s). If tagged correctly with Schema.org vocabulary, structured data increases the chances that Google and the other search engines will promote more of your content on the actual SERPs (search engine results pages). For more information on how structured data and schema works and how it improves your website’s SEO, you might want to check out this Duct Tape Marketing post on Structured Data and Schema.
Google has detailed guidelines on structured data here.
Examples of Structured Data In The Wild
You know the star ratings you see from time to time in search results? Yep, that is an example of a rich snippet, which is the effect of properly applying structured data and schema to a web page. This is the kind of search engine bling we all want!
Other examples of rich snippets triggered by best-practices structured data and schema implementation would be:
- Star ratings
- Events and event times
- Embedded site search box
The JSON-LD SEO WordPress Plugin You’ve Been Waiting For…
Kansas City SEO has developed a new JSON-LD structured data plugin that will help you install this important SEO code like the pros do:
You can enter site-wide data for a business, organization or person:
And you can also add JSON-LD schema on pages and posts:
Top 5 Reasons Why This SEO WordPress Plugin Is Best-In-Class
If you run a search for schema plugins or structured data plugins, you will see many types are out there. Here is a short list of what makes this plugin special:
- It’s in JSON-LD: The is the latest and greatest schema format and likely Google’s preferred format.
- It’s comprehensive: One of the driving forces for creating this plugin is because most of the schema plugins out there address one type of markup (such as product ratings). This plugin addresses all of the markup that Google covers in its guidelines.
- Its super easy to use: Most of the schema plugins you will find are messy because they use a more “invasive” format like RFDa or microdata, which means many have multi-step process, button tagging and/or short code copy-pasting. This plugin provides super easy form and field tagging.
- It was created by an SEO, for SEOs…but easy enough for any web designer and even business owners to use.
- Product Ontology: One special feature is the ability to add Product Types Ontology in order to add alternative business types for your business. This is a great feature because you don’t have to pin your business down to one type, and can add multiple categories that accurately define the scope of your product or service offering.
This is a great new plugin that is coming in at the perfect time so that you can stay ahead of the SEO curve.
You can learn more about this plugin here: