A bit over four years ago, I launched WP Mayor as a way of recording what I’d been learning and also listing some of my favourite WordPress products.
I’m very thankful of how the site has grown during the past four years, we continue to experience growth year after year and the site is now run by three people rather than just myself. During the past months, you’ve been seeing a lot of content from Alyona and Mark, so I’m glad to officially introduce them here and thank them for all the work they’ve been doing. Gaby has also been helping me put together a new design for the site which will be launched in the coming months. Here’s a photo of us together.
I also want to take this opportunity to thank all the regular readers and contributors, as well as the many WordPress plugin/theme developers and service providers who have worked with us throughout the year as we strive to lead WP users to the best resources.
As we do every year, here are some stats.
- A steady rise in traffic, reaching and going past the 100,000 unique visitors/month mark, as measured in Google Analytics.
- Around 992 published posts.
- Twitter followers: 17,548+
- 4000+ comments (thanks!)
- Alexa Rank: 13,883
If you’re interested in how things changed from last year, you can see some stats on last year’s birthday post.
Another development this year was the launch of more premium add-ons for WP RSS Aggregator, the premier plugin for importing RSS feed items into your WordPress blog. The plugin is doing really well and we have many plans to continue developing this product.
Want to support the growth of WPMayor? There are several options for doing so:
- By purchasing our ad spaces on BuySellAds.com
- Making use of our WordPress services
- Writing a guest post
- Participating through comments
- Letting us know what you want us to talk about
- Joining us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+
and most importantly, keep on reading our posts about WordPress!