In the past few hours one of the most popular RSS WordPress plugins was removed from the WordPress Plugin Repository. I’m referring to WP RSS Multi Importer.
Support was lacking over the past few months, to say the least, but the sudden complete removal of this plugin has left many users stranded.
For those of you who still use WP RSS Multi Importer, we now recommended switching to WP RSS Aggregator.
This alternative is not only in active development but also offers continuous support, providing peace of mind to those looking to use RSS on their sites.
WP RSS Aggregator’s core plugin is free to download from the WordPress plugin repository, and there are also a number of premium add-ons for you to choose from if you’d like more functionality. These are:
- Feed to Post – an advanced importer that lets you import RSS feeds into posts or custom post types. Populate a website in minutes (autoblog). This is the most popular extension.
- Full Text RSS Feeds – connectivity to the Full Text Premium service, which gives you the full text for an unlimited number of feed items per feed source.
- Keyword Filtering – filter imported feeds based on keywords, so you only get items you’re interested in.
- Excerpts & Thumbnails – display excerpts and thumbnails together with the title, date and source.
- Categories – categorise your feed sources and display items from a particular category at will within your site.
- WordAi – WordAi allows users to take an RSS feed and turn it into new content that is both completely unique and completely readable.
- SpinnerChief – SpinnerChief allows users to take an RSS feed and turn it into new content that is both completely unique and completely readable.
All these add-ons also include a 30% renewal discount. For any further information on WP RSS Aggregator and any of its add-ons you can get in touch with the team through the live chat on the website or via the premium Support System.