WPML 2.7 is being released this week, adding several improvements to a plugin which is considered to be the best multilingual plugin for WordPress.
It will bring a performance boost of up to 2x, which is great news for all WPML users.
The new WPML release will bring:
- Much improved performance (both in the WP admin and in public pages)
- Much greater robustness to the menu sync functionality
- Support for Google-compliant language codes in translation links
- A bunch of warnings and notices fixed
Here are a few more bugs fixes and improved features in this release:
- _ex() not showing the translation on the front end
- Custom post type translated slugs and language switcher on archive
- PHP notices when WP search is used
- PHP Notice: Undefined variable: src_language_title in
- PHP Warning: Creating default object from empty value
- fixed layout for the bottom part of the translation dashboard (for RTL languages)
- Language navigation bar of Sidebar is left aligned
- Types custom fields is missing in Custom Fields Translation section (happenig when custom posts didn’t exist, requires new version of Types)
- Tags error instead of 404 on secondary language domain
- WPML Media Featured image duplication error
- On attachment template page, content in all languages is being displayed
- Menus sync revisited (improved menu sync when menus change and are reordered)
- WPML String Translation affects overall performance [FIXED]
- Support for language tag (used for hreflang)
- Translated Tags or Category is will not be deleted when I delete Original
- Add title tags to images in the language switcher
- Use the database default table engine when creating tables (not forcing MyIsam)
- Add index for trid on wp_icl_translations.
- Additional hook for wpml_media_class.php create_duplicate_attachment()
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.