Having the content of your website available in different languages can mean a much bigger audience for you. A very simple way to do this is to provide automatic translators, they’re not the same as manually translating all your content, but do a pretty good job. It’s better to have an automatic translation plugin than nothing at all.
The alternative to automatic translations is, of course, to use a manual translation plugin such as WPML, Weglot, Polylang, or any of the others in our round-up of manual translation plugins here.
Here are the best automatic translation plugins you can use.
WPML provides the best of both worlds because not only can you automatically translate your content but you can also limit the mistakes that can come with machine translation.
WPML’s Advanced Translation Editor allows you to translate each post/page with a click of a button. It also has a number of other features including:
- A spell-checker to avoid any spelling or grammatical errors
- HTML markers so you can freely edit without worrying about accidentally breaking your pages by deleting some coding
- Translation memory – Advanced Translation Editor remembers repeat sentences on your website and automatically adds the translation
- The ability to create a glossary with translation suggestions of important words for translators
- Assign jobs to professional translators who can easily review your machine translation and ensure it is of a high standard
Of course, if you want to manually translate your content, WPML is a great option. It is already used by more than 800,000 websites around the world and the team has revamped its String Translation to reduce load page times by more than 50%. Here’s a look at the Advanced Translation Editor in action.
Simply put, Weglot is the easiest and fullest WordPress translation solution on the market. The installation takes just under 5 minutes and combines machine translation with manual editing capabilities and access to pro translators – so you can get the translation quality you want. Weglot works by automatically detecting all the content on your WordPress website – including dynamic content and content from other plugins. It then translates and displays your website content under language subdirectories. Weglot includes the following features:
- Automatic, manual and access to pro translators
- Full website translation
- Compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins (e.g. WooCommerce)
- Automatically set up for multilingual SEO
- Detects hidden elements, e.g. alt text, meta content, and titles
- Media translation – replace images, files, and videos on your translated version
- 100+ languages supported
- Unique visual editor allowing you to make edits to your translations in a live preview of your website
Here’s a video on how to install Weglot on your WordPress website:
Transposh translation plugin for WordPress offers a unique approach to blog translation. It allows your blog to combine automatic translation with human translation aided by your users with an easy to use in-context interface.
Transposh includes the following features:
- Support for any language – including RTL/LTR layouts
- Unique drag/drop interface for choosing viewable/translatable languages
- Multiple selection for widget appearances – with pluggable widgets
- Translation of external plugins without a need for .po/.mo files
- Automatic translation mode for all content (including comments!)
- Use either Google Translate,MS Translate or Apertium backends – 65 languages supported!
- Automatic translation can be triggered on demand by the readers or on the server side
- RSS feeds are translated too
- Takes care of hidden elements, link tags, meta contents and titles
- Translated languages are searchable
- Buddypress integration
Here’s a video on how this automatic WordPress translation plugin works:
Are you using any translation plugins? Share your experience on whether such plugins have helped you widen your audience.
If you are looking for a more comprehensive translation system for WordPress, consider the WPML Multilanguage and translation plugin, it’s our top recommendation here at WP Mayor.