Shopping online is quite common today, and why not? You can purchase anything now using your laptop or mobile device. Online marketplaces brings that much convenience to you and also maintain their quality, that’s how this business is done. In this article, we will show you how easy it is for you to have your own market and how quick you can build it.
A Market of My Own?
Have you ever thought of yourself as the vendor, or the site owner rather than the customer? You might reply “I didn’t because it’s probably too much”. You are right and wrong. It was once complicated, but those days are gone. Now, with the help of a little WordPress plugin, you can create and manage an entire marketplace filled with thousands of products from your laptop or mobile, just like you used to shop. The plugin manages everything on its own after you just tell it what to do.
The Solution is Ready for You!
There are still very few solutions out there which can help you. The WC Vendor plugin, WooCommerce (through the Vendor plugin), Shopify (through a third party extension) can merely do the job, but not entirely. Dokan Multivendor plugin is the solution you need to truly become a market owner, created for you by weDevs and powered by WooCommerce.
Dokan has been specially thought out from the user’s perspective with features and design so perfect that regular users never need to worry. It is our goal to open up opportunities for everyone to be able to use it without much know how and make them operate on their own. Advanced power users get their ball play too with development features. Dokan has also been made Frontend for a unique user experience, the only one of its kind.
Our Support staff will be glad to configure your market for a quick start. Dokan has been documented in detail, so that if you ever get stuck, you have a solution ready. We always try to solve your troubles. When you are the market admin, you already have a store of your own. So you can start selling even before you have any vendor.
After you have installed Dokan, the first thing you should be doing is creating one or more subscription packs. You see, in Dokan you can earn when a vendor signs up and also earn with sales commission. A Dokan subscription can limit product numbers, can limit product publish validity and these packs can even be set to be recurring.
Dokan also has its own shipping system and uses WooCommerce engine to generate tax rates.
A Peek Inside
Let’s see how Dokan works from a new vendor’s point of view.
This is how a vendor signs up! Vendor gets to set store name, url and choose subscription pack – already speeding things up.
In the next step the vendor gets billed for the subscription pack. Thus completes his/her billing information for the rest of the future transactions (editable later)
Done! The vendor can now configure his store. This is how the vendor dashboard looks like when its active. A frontend solution for all the things a vendor needs.
Manage and Adding Products
The next stop is the products tab. From here vendors are able to edit, remove or add new products including variants.
Adding a New Product
Creating a new product has never been so smooth and elaborate like Dokan. Here is how new products are created from the vendor dashboard.
From the Orders tab, the vendor can check the orders are made to the store with detailed status. Orders can be edited, invoices generated and notes can be added too.
Coupons for Customers
From this tab, vendors will be able to send out special coupons for customers who will avail special benefits from the vendor only if they have the code. This is an exclusive feature of Dokan.
Selling – Earning Report
This is the interesting part. From here the vendor can check all the smallest details of the store and its sales with date to date filters and many more.
Did you know your customers can give you reviews on your products. Positive reviews increase sale tenfold. The reviews tab enable you to manage these. Well, let me tell you a little secret, Dokan lets you hide some reviews.
You get to request your market admin to cashout your earnings from here. No other marketplace has a dedicated interface for withdrawal like this, they mostly leave it to the payment gateway to an external site.
Probably the largest settings panel on the Dashboard. Configure how your store looks from here. Not all options are enabled here for making it appear shorter.
This is where the vendor sets up his payment gateways. All the needed fields are here.
The vendor configures the store’s shipping policies here.
Its a special feature for Dokan stores that they can be optimized for search engine results.
The requirements are quite simple and installation takes only several minutes. We follow the WordPress philosophy of easy installation, to get started, all you need is:
- A Domain and Hosting (If you don’t have them yet)
- WordPress Installed
- WooCommerce plugin
- Dokan plugin (with bundled free theme)
- Add-ons for more features (Optional)
If you already have your hosting and domain, it will take you only several minutes to get everything installed.
Benefits of Dokan
Why choose a market over a shop? And especially, why choose Dokan? Here are the answers:
- Quickly deploys under 3 minutes. Even the vendors can sign up and start selling in just 5 minutes!
- Powered by the world famous business engine – WooCommerce.
- Compatible with almost all themes from WooThemes.
- A versatile gallery of pro grade add-ons to extend features as you like. This saves you from going to a developer.
- The only complete Frontend based marketplace with individual dashboard for vendors. So, site backend stays neat and secure.
- Multiple revenue generation opportunities (Selling subscriptions to your vendors, selling your own products and much more)
- SEO friendly.
- Earning through commission. The more vendors you have, the more you earn.
- Being in control of everything from design, feature and permissions. Whereas in a store you only control your products.
- Pro looking customizeable store front for everyone.
- Vendors can manage everything while you can minimize your efforts to monitoring and handle verification.
- Able to do deep customization to the market by taking advantage of the open source code. Take the advantage of your flexible coding.
- Escrow based payment and multiple payment gateways. Take and distribute market income anyway you want.
- Automatic Tax calculation and state based shipping.
- The best variable product creating interface.
- Opensource customization. Bend it the way you like it.
- Ready for product scheduling, Variable and Downloadable products will allow you to create an array of interesting inventory.
- You can migrate your currently existing store from any site into Dokan without disrupting anything. Import – export products anytime.
We have created the tool for you, but like all business, it will take you a little study to plan on how you will run it. It’s not complicated either.
What more can you expect from Dokan? Please let us know. We have been listening and improving it from the feedback from more than 1500 active users.
You can try Dokan
We love the Freemium philosophy. So, try Dokan Lite, the Free version of our flagship solution. It’s a little bomb that makes a loud noise.
If you like what you see, you can buy a subscription of Dokan and start making money yourself!