WooCommerce lets you turn WordPress into a fully-functioning eCommerce platform and, by the numbers, it’s the most popular way to make an eCommerce store.
In fact, one of the things that make WooCommerce so effective is WooCommerce plugins, which let you enhance your store in all kinds of interesting ways. With plugins, you can improve your marketing efforts, create a better experience for your shoppers, streamline your admin processes, and more.
However, a simple search for “WooCommerce” at WordPress.org alone turns up more than 960 different plugins, so it can be tough to filter through all of those options to find the best WooCommerce plugins for your store.
To save you some time, we did the work for you and came up with 30+ must-have WooCommerce plugins that can improve your store in all kinds of useful ways.
Let’s dig in!
Best WooCommerce Marketing & Sales Plugins
Implementing proven sales strategies used by stores like Amazon.
Improving your store's marketing and better understanding your customers and advertising channels.
The best way to integrate Instagram into your online store.
Creating more powerful coupon/discounting strategies and deals.
Easily adding new content to your site or importing WooCommerce products via an RSS feed.
Optimizing the WooCommerce checkout for conversions with smoother checkout, order bumps, upsells, and more.
Marketing your store and growing your email lists using viral contests.
Store owners who want to use affiliate marketing as a strategy for growth.
Adding gift card functionality to WooCommerce.
Encouraging shoppers to purchase more and more often through points and rewards.
Creating optimized product feeds for Google Shopping, Facebook Remarketing, and other services.
Improving the WooCommerce reviews section and encouraging shoppers to leave more reviews.
Iconic Sales Booster is one plugin that helps you implement some of the most effective eCommerce sales strategies such as displaying “frequently bought together” or “customers also bought” products (just like Amazon does).
You can also go beyond that and implement order bumps at checkout and one-click cross-sells or upsells after checkout. All of these strategies help you boost your revenue per order and improve your bottom-line.
- Add related products to your product pages using “frequently bought together” or “customers also bought”.
- Add order bumps at checkout.
- Display one-click cross-sell or upsell offers after checkout.
- Works with any payment gateway.
- Built-in stats to track conversion rates and find the most effective strategies.
Best For: Implementing proven sales strategies used by stores like Amazon.
HubSpot is a popular solution for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service. It includes a CRM, email marketing tools, and lots more. And with the HubSpot for WooCommerce plugin, you’ll be able to sync all of your store’s activity and customer data to the HubSpot CRM.
You can manage your customers from the CRM, where you’ll get detailed profiles for their activity, orders, etc. Then, you can set up marketing automation rules for tactics like shopping cart abandonment emails, welcome emails, and more. You can also segment your customers into groups and track the ROI of your ad campaigns on Facebook, Google, and other platforms.
- Sync WooCommerce data to HubSpot.
- CRM to manage your shoppers and track activity.
- Send emails to customers.
- Segment shoppers.
- Marketing automation rules for abandoned carts and more.
- Ecommerce analytics, including tools to track the ROI of ad campaigns.
Pricing: Free. Optional add-ons for additional HubSpot features.
Best For: Improving your store’s marketing and better understanding your customers and advertising channels.
Instagram is one of the best social networks for WooCommerce stores, so you should absolutely have a presence there if you don’t already. Once you do, the Spotlight plugin lets you easily integrate your Instagram feed into your WooCommerce store.
Where this plugin gets really powerful, though, is that it also lets you curate Instagram content from other users. For example, you could create a showcase of Instagram posts about your products from happy customers, which is a great way to build social proof and show your products in action. To save time, you can automatically pull in content from a certain hashtag – and don’t worry, you can easily moderate everything before it shows up on your live site!
Spotlight also lets you link posts from your Instagram feed directly to your WooCommerce products. You can either send people straight to WooCommerce when they click on the image in the feed. Or, you can add a customizable CTA link to the image popup.
- Create Instagram feeds based on user accounts, hashtags, or posts that have tagged your account.
- Filter feeds by keyword or hashtag (include/exclude rules).
- Require manual moderation before displaying Instagram posts.
- Link your feed directly to WooCommerce products or add a CTA to link to products.
- Lots of layout and style rules.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version starts at $49.
Best For: Integrating Instagram into your online store.
WooCommerce includes its own built-in coupon feature, but it’s pretty basic and only lets you create simple flat or percentage discounts. Advanced Coupons does what its name suggests – it extends the core WooCommerce coupon feature to let you create more advanced discounts, such as “Buy X, Get X free” deals (called BOGO deals), free shipping codes, free products, more advanced restrictions, and lots more.
- Extends the native WooCommerce coupon system.
- Create custom BOGO deals.
- Offer free shipping coupons.
- Add products to the cart when a user applies a coupon.
- Automatically apply coupons when someone clicks a URL (great for sharing on social media).
- Schedule coupons.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version starts at $39.50.
Best For: Creating more powerful coupon/discounting strategies and deals.
WP RSS Aggregator is a flexible option for WooCommerce stores because it lets you import any content from any RSS feed. One strategy would be to use it to curate content, which lets you create engaging content for your shoppers without a ton of work. Or, you could also use it in a non-marketing sense to import products to your WooCommerce store.
All in all, it’s just a really flexible tool for working with RSS feeds on your store.
- Curate/import content from any RSS feed.
- Import content as actual WordPress posts (or WooCommerce products).
- Automatically filter content.
- Require manual approval before adding content (or post it automatically).
- Force the full text of RSS feed items (even if they only include an excerpt).
Pricing: Free version. Pro version starts at $59 or $159 for a bundle with every add-on.
Best For: Easily adding new content to your site to engage your shoppers on autopilot or importing WooCommerce products via an RSS feed.
CartFlows helps you optimize the WooCommerce checkout process with funnels and other tactics. It’s an especially useful tool if you’re using WooCommerce as more of a payment processor for courses, services, digital products, etc. With that being said, it can also be useful for more traditional eCommerce stores, too.
In a nutshell, it lets you use your favorite visual builder to design custom funnels complete with one-click upsells and downsells, one-click order bumps, A/B testing, optimized checkout designs, lead gen forms, and more.
- Optimize the checkout process by designing your own custom funnels.
- Incorporate one-click upsells, downsells, order bumps, and more.
- Pre-built checkout templates.
- Use your preferred builder – supports the native block editor, Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Divi.
- Built-in analytics and A/B testing.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs $199.
Best For: Optimizing the WooCommerce checkout for conversions with smoother checkout, order bumps, upsells, downsells, and more.
RafflePress lets you run marketing-focused giveaways to grow your email lists and social media followings. You can create your own custom contest and give people “points” for taking various actions such as sharing your contest on Twitter, joining your email list, subscribing on YouTube, etc. In exchange for giving away a few products or discounts, you can get your store a lot of visibility.
To learn more, check out our full RafflePress review.
- Create eye-catching contests and giveaways.
- Offer points for the actions that visitors take.
- Integrations with email marketing services such as Mailchimp and many others.
- Built-in tracking and retargeting.
- Fraud protection to stop multiple entries.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version starts at $49.
Best For: Marketing your store and growing your email lists using viral contests.
With affiliate marketing, you offer a commission to people who refer sales to your store. It’s a great way to grow your WooCommerce store because it gives you an army of loyal promoters who will share your products.
AffiliateWP makes it super easy to create your own WooCommerce affiliate program, without needing to pay money to a third-party affiliate network. You can set custom commissions for products or individual affiliates and it also simplifies managing your program with features like easy payouts.
- Create an affiliate program for WooCommerce.
- Give affiliates special coupon codes for them to share.
- Set custom commissions for different products or affiliates.
- Pay your affiliates with store credit (to create more of a referral program than an affiliate program).
- Easy affiliate payouts without leaving your dashboard – use PayPal or a dedicated service.
Pricing: Starts at $149, but most stores will want the $299 Professional license.
Best For: Store owners who want to use affiliate marketing as a strategy for growth.
WooFunnels is another popular option for optimizing the WooCommerce checkout with your own custom sales funnels. You can design your funnels with essential elements including upsells and order bumps, lead gen forms, CRM tags, and more.
There’s also a built-in follow-up engine that lets you create automation rules to bring back abandoned carts and nurture customers to turn them into repeat customers with post-purchase sequences.
- Create custom sales funnels for your WooCommerce store.
- Optimize the checkout page with useful features like shorter multi-part forms, Google Address autocomplete, and more.
- Pre-built funnel templates to save time.
- Built-in analytics and A/B testing.
- One-click upsells, downsells, and order bumps.
- Automation builder, including abandoned cart follow-ups and post-purchase sequences.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version from $199 ($499 if you want the automation builder).
Best For: Creating custom sales funnels for your WooCommerce store.
Offering gift cards is a great strategy for WooCommerce stores. It lets you lock-in revenue upfront and it also makes it easier for people to gift access to your store.
YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards makes it easy to sell gift cards in any denomination. You can either offer pre-set amounts or let shoppers choose the amount (or both). Shoppers can use their gift cards to pay at checkout and you’ll also be able to keep track of all your outstanding gift cards from the WordPress dashboard.
- Eye-catching virtual gift cards (including a printable option).
- Set fixed gift card amounts or let shoppers choose a custom amount (or both).
- Shoppers can specify a recipient (via email) and even schedule a date for the gift card to send.
- Admin management area to keep track of outstanding gift cards.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs €129.99.
Best For: Adding gift card functionality to WooCommerce.
YITH WooCommerce Points and Rewards helps you turn one-time customers into repeat customers by offering loyalty points and rewards that shoppers can redeem for discounts or free shipping. Basically, it encourages your shoppers to purchase more often to earn rewards, much like many popular stores do (e.g. Starbucks with its popular Starbucks Rewards program).
- Assign points to each product so that some products are worth more.
- Give points for milestones/events, like a user’s birthday.
- Shoppers can redeem points for discounts or free shopping.
- Set different redemption values by user role (e.g. offer better deals to VIP customers).
- Backend dashboard to track and manage shoppers’ points.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs €119.99.
Best For: Encouraging shoppers to purchase more and more often.
In April 2020, Google announced that store owners now have the option to list their products in Google Shopping for free. This is a valuable marketing channel. However, to get your store listed there, you need to submit your products in a feed format that Google can recognize.
Product Feed PRO for WooCommerce helps you export your products in that format without requiring any technical knowledge (as well as formats for other similar services). Then, you just need to submit your product feed to Google to start benefiting from Google Shopping.
- Generate product feeds for some/all of your products.
- Pre-built templates for Google Shopping, Facebook Remarketing, and others (100+ services in total).
- Supports unlimited products and unlimited product feeds.
- Use filters and rules to only include certain products in feeds.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs €89.
Best For: Creating optimized product feeds for Google Shopping, Facebook Remarketing, and other services.
Customer reviews are a great way to add social proof to your store, which makes it easier for shoppers to feel confident in their purchases and boosts your conversion rates. They also improve your SEO by adding relevant content to your product pages, because Google can index all of the unique content in your customer reviews.
Customer Reviews for WooCommerce improves the default review feature and also helps you get more reviews by reminding shoppers to leave a review, offering discounts for reviews, and more.
- Enhances the native WooCommerce review feature with pictures, rich snippets, filters, and more.
- Send review reminders to customers after their orders.
- Offer a coupon in exchange for a review (automatically generates the coupon).
- Show a trust badge that summarizes your reviews.
- Aggregated review form so that shoppers can review multiple products in their order from a single form.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs $49.99.
Best For: Improving the WooCommerce reviews section and encouraging shoppers to leave more reviews.
Best User Experience WooCommerce Plugins
Creating a more user-friendly way for shoppers to browse products, especially for wholesale stores/bulk order stores.
Creating a more frictionless WooCommerce checkout process.
Improving your WooCommerce product images, especially for product variations.
Making it easier for shoppers to find products via search.
Adding a UX-optimized product quick view to your store.
Adding a wishlist feature to your store.
Creating a private WooCommerce store.
Letting customers choose a delivery date and time for their orders.
Creating a multilingual WooCommerce store.
For some stores, the default WooCommerce shop archive isn’t the most useful way to display your products. To fix that, WooCommerce Product Table gives you an alternative way to display your products in a table view like the screenshot above.
You can fully customize all the information in your table, including adding sort and filter options. You can also have it fully replace your default shop pages or just offer it as another option for shoppers.
For a deeper look, we have lots of guides on how you can use WooCommerce Product Table to improve your store:
- Create a table of WooCommerce products
- Make a WooCommerce order form
- Create a bulk add to cart feature
- Create a table that lists all/some of your WooCommerce products.
- Bulk add to cart functionality.
- Control what information to display, including showing custom fields or product attributes.
- Multiple options to display product variations.
- Custom search and filter options.
- Lazy loading to improve performance.
Best For: Creating a more user-friendly way for shoppers to browse products, especially for wholesale stores/bulk order stores.
WooCommerce Direct Checkout lets you simplify your store’s ordering process by sending shoppers straight to the WooCommerce checkout page as soon as they add an item to their carts.
Essentially, you can skip the shopping cart page, which reduces the chance of an abandoned cart.
- Send users straight to checkout when they add an item to their carts.
- Remove checkout fields.
- Create a one-page checkout.
- Ajax add to cart.
- Quick purchase button (much like Amazon).
Pricing: Free version. Pro starts at $19.
Best For: Creating a more frictionless WooCommerce checkout process.
WooThumbs helps you improve the WooCommerce product image gallery in a bunch of different ways. Images are a very important part of your store, so it’s worth investing in creating an optimal experience for your shoppers when they browse your store’s images.
- Multiple zoom options.
- Display multiple images per variation.
- Include videos in your product gallery.
- Create a sliding carousel for product images.
- Full-screen gallery in a popup (on click).
- Full product gallery customization.
Best For: Improving your WooCommerce product images, especially for product variations.
Ajax Search for WooCommerce helps you improve the native WooCommerce product search feature with live search results, suggestions, and more accurate results. Product search is essential for eCommerce stores and this plugin is one of the best ways to improve search on WooCommerce.
- Live search results and suggestions.
- Show product images and price in results.
- Search by product title, descriptions, SKU, and more.
- Include the “add to cart” button in search results.
- Optimized product ordering.
- Custom search index to improve performance.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version starts at $49.
Best For: Making it easier for shoppers to find products via search.
Implemented properly, quick view is a user-friendly feature that lets shoppers view product details without needing to open the single product page. Quick View Pro helps you not only integrate a product quick view feature that looks great, but also one that follows all user experience (UX) best practices to make sure your shoppers get the most value.
- Add product quick view.
- Trigger quick view on separate button click (follows UX best practices from Baymard).
- Choose what information to display in quick view.
- Shoppers can purchase directly from quick view.
Best For: Adding a UX-optimized product quick view to your store.
Sometimes shoppers aren’t ready to buy right away, but they still want to keep track of the items that they’re interested in. A wishlist lets them do that, and also lets them share their list with friends and families (which is great for birthdays and other celebrations).
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist lets you easily add this functionality to your store with user-friendly features like easy sharing and multiple wishlist support.
- Shoppers can create wishlists.
- Make wishlists public, private, or unlisted.
- Share wishlists using a special link.
- Analytics to track “most wished for” products.
- Send promotional emails based on the items on a user’s wishlist.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs €94.99.
Best For: Adding a wishlist feature to your store.
Sometimes, you might not want your store to be public to just anyone. For example, you might have a members-only store or a wholesale-only store. To account for those scenarios, WooCommerce Private Store lets you hide your entire WooCommerce store.
You can either automatically unlock the store for logged-in shoppers. Or, you can require shoppers to enter a password to unlock the store.
- Make your entire WooCommerce store private.
- Unlock your store with a password or automatically for logged-in users.
- Add multiple unique passwords.
- Dedicated WooCommerce login form.
Best For: Creating a private WooCommerce store.
Product Delivery Date Pro lets shoppers choose their preferred order delivery date and time, which is great for any type of local delivery or pickup. You also get lots of options for controlling behavior, such as setting a maximum number of deliveries per time slot.
- Let customers choose a delivery date/time.
- Control the available time slots.
- Add a max number of deliveries.
- Set a minimal interval between deliveries.
Best For: Letting customers choose a delivery date and time for their orders.
In a survey commissioned by the EU, 42% of respondents said that they never purchase from eCommerce stores that don’t offer content in the shopper’s preferred language. That means that, if you have a multilingual audience (which you probably do), you might be missing out on potential sales.
WPML lets you fix that by creating a multilingual store. You’ll be able to translate 100% of your store into one or more new languages and WPML also integrates with popular WooCommerce currency switcher plugins so that you can offer a fully localized store.
To learn more, check out our full WPML review.
- Create a multilingual store.
- Supports unlimited languages.
- Automatic translation support.
- Integrates with popular currency switcher plugins.
Best For: Creating a multilingual WooCommerce store.
Miscellaneous Must-Have WooCommerce Plugins
Using table rate shipping to calculate your store's shipping rates.
Helping shoppers track shipments more efficiently.
Setting up Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
Collecting accurate taxes from each shopper.
Making lots of small tweaks to your store without installing lots of separate plugins.
Creating any type of form for your WooCommerce store.
Creating recurring subscription products.
Adding, editing, or removing fields from the WooCommerce checkout.
Retailers who sell wholesale in addition to a retail store.
Offering well-designed PDF and printable invoices and packing slips.
Improving the reliability of WooCommerce transactional emails.
Flexible Shipping helps you add table rate shipping to your store, which lets you charge accurate flat shipping rates based on your own custom table of shipping rates. You can calculate your shipping rates based on products, order values, weights, dimensions, and more.
Table rate shipping is one approach, while the other would be to use real-time shipping rates from USPS, FedEx, etc. However, using real-time shipping rates means that shoppers won’t know the shipping price until they checkout (a source of cart abandonment), which is one reason why a lot of stores prefer table rate shipping instead.
- Use table rate shipping to calculate shipping rates.
- Supports different conditions such as order value, number of products, weights, dimensions, and more.
- Mix-and-match rules as needed.
- Free shipping override.
- Shipping classes support.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs $89.
Best For: Using table rate shipping to calculate your store’s shipping rates.
Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce helps you let your shoppers know when to expect their orders. You can add tracking numbers for 250+ services and display details on a custom “Track My Order” page. With the premium TrackShip add-on, you can also send shipment status notifications and automatically change order statuses at important shipping milestones.
- Supports 250+ shipping services.
- Add a custom order tracking page.
- Send real-time notifications via TrackShip.
- Integrations with ShipStation and ReadyToShip.
- Automatically change WooCommerce order status based on shipment status.
Pricing: Free plugin. TrackShip service starts at $9/month.
Best For: Helping shoppers track shipments more efficiently.
This plugin does exactly what its name says – it helps you easily set up Enhanced Ecommerce tracking in Google Analytics. With this type of tracking, you’ll be able to view revenue, product performance, shopping funnels, and other important metrics in Google Analytics.
- Non-technical way to set up Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
- View product and revenue details in Google Analytics.
- 20+ custom dimensions in Google Analytics.
- Google Shopping integration.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs $135.
Best For: Setting up Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce tracking.
WooCommerce Taxes is the official automatic tax calculation plugin from WooCommerce. It’s powered by the TaxJar API and offers accurate tax calculations for 30+ countries including the USA and most of Europe.
- Accurate tax calculations for 30+ countries.
- Official WooCommerce plugin.
- Powered by the TaxJar API.
Best For: Collecting accurate taxes from each shopper.
Booster for WooCommerce is an interesting plugin because it doesn’t offer one single feature. Instead, it’s a modular collection of 100+ modules that you can use to make interesting tweaks to your WooCommerce store. It’s kind of like the Jetpack plugin…but for WooCommerce (in fact, the original name was “Jetpack for WooCommerce” before a trademark issue forced the name change).
- 100+ modular features.
- Make small tweaks to all aspects of your store.
- Disable the features you don’t want to keep things lightweight.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs $99.99.
Best For: Making lots of small tweaks to your store without installing lots of separate plugins.
All WordPress websites need forms. And when it comes to forms, WPForms is one of the most popular and best form plugins. Thanks to its simple drag-and-drop form builder, you can easily use it for simple contact forms, customer support forms, email opt-in forms, and more.
To learn more, check out our full WPForms review.
- Create virtually any type of form.
- Custom WooCommerce registration forms.
- Integrations with email marketing services and CRMs.
- Zapier integration – for example, send form submissions to your helpdesk for customer support.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version from $39.50.
Best For: Creating any type of form for your WooCommerce store.
WooCommerce Subscriptions is an official extension that lets you use WooCommerce for automatic recurring subscriptions. You’ll get a new “Subscription” product type that lets you set up a custom subscription schedule.
You can also create variable subscription products to let shoppers choose different durations or packages.
- Automatic recurring subscriptions.
- Custom schedules, including one-time signup fees and free trials.
- Works with most popular credit card processors including Stripe – full list here.
- Subscribers can manage their own subscriptions.
- Automatic renewal notifications.
Best For: Creating recurring subscription products.
Checkout Field Editor gives you more control over the fields that display on the WooCommerce checkout. You can add more fields to collect additional information, edit the existing fields, or remove unnecessary fields to simplify your checkout process – all without needing any PHP or CSS knowledge.
- Official WooCommerce extension.
- Add fields to WooCommerce checkout.
- Edit existing fields.
- Remove fields.
- Rearrange fields.
Best For: Adding, editing, or removing fields from the WooCommerce checkout.
WooCommerce Wholesale Pro offers an all-in-one solution to add wholesale selling to your existing WooCommerce store. You can create a hidden area for wholesale customers, offer special discounts, and lots more.
If you want to sell in bulk without affecting your existing retail operations, it’s a great option.
- Private wholesale area.
- Add shoppers as special wholesale users.
- Dynamic pricing for wholesale customers based on role.
- Integrates with WooCommerce Product Table for bulk order forms.
Best For: Retailers who sell wholesale in addition to a retail store.
WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips is a simple option that lets you create well-designed invoices and packing slips. You can automatically attach a PDF invoice to WooCommerce emails and also print the packing slip to include in the orders that you ship out.
- Create customizable invoices and packing slips.
- Attach PDFs to various WooCommerce emails.
- Shoppers can download PDFs from their “My Account” area.
- Customizable invoice templates.
Pricing: Free version. Pro version costs €59.00.
Best For: Offering well-designed PDF and printable invoices and packing slips.
Your WooCommerce store will send a lot of emails to customers for things like order confirmations, shipment notifications, password resets, etc. These types of emails are called transactional emails (as opposed to the marketing emails that you might send to promote your store).
However, the way that WordPress sends transactional emails by default usually results in those emails ending up in spam. WP Mail SMTP fixes that by letting you re-configure WordPress to use a dedicated email sending service such as SendGrid, Amazon SES, and more. By changing to one of these services, you can make your emails a lot more reliable and avoid your customers’ spam folders.
- Configure WordPress and WooCommerce to use a dedicated email sending service.
- Dedicated API integrations for popular services.
- Custom SMTP option to use any provider.
Best For: Improving the reliability of WooCommerce transactional emails.
Try the Best WooCommerce Plugins Today
All of these WordPress plugins help you improve your store in some way, whether that’s marketing it more effectively, creating a more user-friendly experience for your shoppers, or enhancing your WordPress site in other ways.
Install the ones you find most useful and enjoy a better, more optimized WooCommerce store today.