Check out our newer post about appointment plugins, in which we also take a look at some booking and reservation plugins.
WordPress is nowadays used on so many different kinds of websites, it is well past the age of being exclusively used for blogs.
Booking engines and booking calendars are an essential component in the cases of hotels, guesthouses, massage parlours, shows, restaurants etc.
The ideal solution in these cases is provided in the form of plugins, so let’s take a look at some of the best WordPress booking plugins available on the market.
As you view the many different booking plugins below, bear in mind that booking functionality is fundamentally resource-intensive, no matter which plugin you use. Before adding any significant new functionality to your WordPress site, you need to consider whether your current hosting is capable of handling that strain.
Once you actually have traffic, you don’t want visitors to your site to be confronted with unexplained delays, they are not
YITH Booking & Appointment for WooCommerce was built upon request by, and keeping in mind, Yith and WooCommerce customers. It integrates a regular WooCommerce store with a simple booking system which can be used by both customers and vendors.
It can be used for estate agencies, travel agencies, hairdressers, doctors, business consultants, and anyone else who may benefit from integrating a booking system into their WordPress site.
It creates a dynamic booking system where the price is processed in real time according to your customers’ requests. This allows you to arrange your bookings by date, period or season, number of people involved and much more.
Here are some of its great features, among many others:
- Create unlimited bookable products
- Configure All Day bookings or et monthly, daily, hourly, and per-minute booking products
- Let users set the duration of the booking.
- Automatically approve all new bookings or review them before confirmation
- Allow users to cancel their booking until a specified term before the start date of the booking
- Set the booking location (using Google API: towns and cities worldwide will be available)
- Increase or decrease the booking cost based on the following factors:
- pre-set time frames (e.g. high season and off season)
- number of people in the booking
- duration of the booking
- Set the first and last date available for the booking
- Provide info about check-in and check-out
- Ask for the type of people during the booking process
- Offer additional services either for free or for an extra cost
- Add the map pointing to the location of the bookable product in product detail page
- Create custom search forms
- Create a booking manually from the WordPress backend
- Export bookings in CSV or ICS
- Integrate Google Calendar to be synchronized with admin calendar
- Auto-sync the calendar with services like Booking, Airbnb and Homeway
Booknetic is a WordPress Appointment Booking plugin that is flexible, easy to use, and customizable. Your clients won’t need to call your office or pass by your place of work to pick a time for a meeting. Instead, with Booknetic integrated into your WordPress website, a potential customer will select the appropriate date and book an appointment with your service. With Booknetic, businesses can create their customer base, save time, money, and resources and obviously automate their appointment booking process.
The advantage of Booknetic is in its adaptability to almost any kind of business from different industries. For example:
- Fitness, gym, yoga, dance, tattoo, art, piercing studios
- Beauty/hair/nail/spa/(private)massage salons
- Medical, hospital, healthcare, dental, vaccination services
- Course/class scheduling, private tutoring services, lessons booking
- Law consulting firms, tech consulting companies, auto-repair centers
- Photographers, psychologist/therapist, small restaurant reservations
- and many more.
Yet another benefit of this plugin is that it comes with a lifetime license for only $79 along with 24/7 full customer support.
- Zoom/Google Calendar Integration
- SMS/Email/WhatsApp notifications
- Payment Methods: PayPal/Stripe
- Custom form Builder for details/notes
- Viewable and Manageable Calendar
- Group/Recurring Appointments
- Dashboard and Analytics
- Continue with Google/Facebook
- Google Recaptcha for Security
- Translation support
This is the official bookings extension from Woo themselves. It allows you to sell your time or date based bookings, adding a new product type to your WooCommerce site. Perfect for those wanting to offer appointments, services or rentals.
- Create booking slots
- Multi-person bookings
- Customer email notifications
- Have bookings made either right away, or sent to you for approval.
- Filter and update bookings, as well as booking availability, directly from your WordPress admin.
- Create bookings manually via the WordPress admin, mirroring the frontend bookings form your customers see.
- There is huge flexibility in defining costs per booking, resource, block, people or duration.
- Define when your booking is available to your customers.
- “Resources” per bookable product for added flexibility. Resources can also be created globally, to apply to multiple bookable products.
- Define global availability rules for all bookable products.
- Integration with the Product Add-ons extension letting you add extras for each booking.
- Send custom email notifications to people who have booked a product.
- View bookings in either list or calendar format.
The Booking calendar plugin allows users to easily schedule appointments directly through your website. It supports multiple calendars and customized booking forms in a unique online booking experience
- Multiple calendars
- Appointment form
- Mobile support
- Shortcode support
- Availability toggle
- Day, Week and Month view
- WooCommerce and EDD integration (with add-on)
- Group meetings (with add-on)
- iCal Sync (with add-on)
Demo: https://www.tagask.com/cm-calendar/ | Price: $39
BookingWizz for WordPress – is long awaited addon which will allow you to integrate BookingWizz into your WordPress site without any hassle. Plugin will install bookingwizz for you (bookingwizz must be purchased and uploaded to your site root) with a click and will seamlessly integrate whole system interface into your wordpress site, you will not have separate login to manage your events/bookings/calendars. BookingWizz for WordPress has 2 widgets and 4 shortcodes at the moment.
This wordpress plugin requires BookingWizz 5.2, which must be purchased separately. Credit card payment plugin also not included and can be optionally purchased separately.
BookingWizz is a powerful, easy-to-use and easy-to-setup booking script. It will help you to setup a reservation system for any of your websites in minutes!
It is ideal for classes reservation, event management and reservation, appointments scheduling, photographers, sport clubs, medical offices, personal trainers, tutors or any other businesses offering reservations for customers!
This theme helps you create a beautiful, mobile friendly hotel website complete with booking and reservation management functionality. It is powered by the advanced Tevolution plugin and the Booking System add-on. Rather than a simple theme this is more of an app-theme for WordPress. Although you can’t buy the booking system add-on separately, when you buy this theme you get the Tevolution plugin and booking add-on within the theme. You can then customise the theme according to your needs, and if you’re a developer you could possibly also port Tevolution + booking system to another theme.
Appointment Booking Calendar is a plugin for accepting online bookings from a set ofavailable time-slots in a calendar. The booking form is linked to a PayPal payment process.
You can use it to accept bookings for medical consultation, classrooms, events, transportation and other activities where a specific time from a defined set must be selected, allowing you to define the maximum number of bookings that can be accepted for each time-slot.
Accept appointments from your clients 24x7x365 on your website or blog. Unlike other calendar tools, this plugin allows your customers to book appointments with you directly from your website. This service is brought to you by Appointy.com and it’s free! It has a very powerful and simple Ajax interface which allows one click booking. With just oneclick your clients can see your availability in the entire month. Try and find yourself.
You can use Appointy to:
- Schedule services or staff (Salons, Spa, Acunpuncture, Dog Grommers, Massage Therapists, One-to-One coaching, Gym, Dentists, Doctors etc)
- Schedule Classes (Yoga Classes, Dance Classes, Fitness Classes etc)
- Schedule Resources (Balloon Rides, Real Estates or Agents, Hotel Rooms, Machines, Pools, Courts, Rentals etc)
- Schedule Events (Single or Multiple occuring events)
- Almost anything that accepts appointments over phone can be scheduled.
The basic scheduling system is free and has no limit on bookings, staff and services.
For those of you who are creating events and want to manage bookings and registrations to said events, Event Espresso is probably the best solution for you. It’s a complete event management plugin and has a number of add-ons you can use depending on what you want to do.
The Bookly plugin is an easy-to-use and easy-to-manage booking tool for service providers who think about their customers. It supports a wide range of services provided by both businesses as well as individual service providers, offering reservations through your website.
It allows you to setup any reservations quickly, pleasantly and easily. It supports reservations for all types of services including:
- beauty, massage, wellness and healthcare reservations
- sports, trainings, dance, fitness, yoga or pilates appointments
- scheduling learning and educational courses, tutors and helpers
- organisation of special events and free-time activities
- searching and booking of visits to photographers, stylists, placing requests for babysitters, dog-walkers etc.
Bookly offers interesting solutions to make the booking process as pleasant as possible for customers. The only thing that is required from the client is to complete 5 easy steps. The intuitive interface, as well as clear and attractive design make this process extremely easy.
Customers have the possibility to find a convenient time for their appointments, select service provider, book the time slot and even pay for the services. One more thing that will please your clients is the ability to view the available booking time intervals in their own time zone.
You can try it out for yourself (both on the front-end as well as the back-end) using their demo.
Pinpoint offers a way to rent accommodations, schedule services, book events or receive online reservations and appointments of any kind with your WordPress site. It’s easy-to-use, fast and clear to both check availability and send a booking request in a unique AJAX calendar.
While there are a number of alternatives when it comes to WordPress booking plugins, there is in my opinion a very good opportunity for plugin developers to go into this niche and develop serious competitors to the plugins mentioned in this post.
Here are a few other examples of where a booking calendar plugin can turn out to be useful:
- Resource scheduling (Rental, Rooms, houses, apartments, Equipment Car pools, Hotel rooms)
- Client scheduling (Beauty salon, Spa management, Hairdresser, Massage therapist, Acupuncture)
- Meeting scheduling (Coaching, Phone advice)
- Event scheduling (Conference, Course, Fitness center, Yoga class, Gym)
- Patient scheduling (Doctor, Clinic, Medical)
- Hotel bookings
Have you used any other reservation or booking system plugins for WordPress? Let us know in the comments section below.