Social media is critical for any business owner that has a WordPress website. Especially when aiming to build a bigger following, boost online sales, and establish yourself as an authority. However, the problem is many website owners fail to utilize social media to its fullest.
To capitalize on the power of social media networks, you should aim to integrate social media into all aspects of your website. However, that’s not enough. The combination of web design, content, and social media interactions should go together seamlessly.
In the past, we have discussed how to get more social shares on your blog, plenty of all-in-one social share buttons designed specifically for WordPress, and even ways to automatically post your articles to your favorite social media networks.
But today we are going to look at bringing the aspect of social media directly to your WordPress website.
How, you ask?
Well, we are going to share with you a handful of some of the best WordPress social networking themes on the market today. This way you can open up your own form of social networking right on your own website.
Thrive is the perfect social networking theme for encouraging online collaboration. For instance, it brings together things like social networking, messaging, and even eCommerce for your users. In addition, Thrive integrates with the popular BuddyPress plugin offering website owners and users the complete social networking experience. Moreover, Thrive also works well with bbPress for forum creation. In the end, Thrive provides users an easy opportunity to interact with one another in many ways.
Additional features of Thrive include:
- Privacy option for members only, complete with secure login form.
- Custom widgets for additional functionality.
- WPML support for easy translation.
- WooCommerce ready for integrating an online shop.
- Unlimited sidebars specific to posts and pages.
Cinematix is a social networking theme that integrates with the BuddyPress and bbPress plugins seamlessly. For example, each of these powerful WordPress plugins allow your users to register on your website, create profiles, and post messages. Choose from 10 color schemes, utilize the OneByOne slider, pick from plenty of Google fonts, and even create a 3-level drop down menu for easier navigation. In addition, pick from over 40 inner pages – login page, group activity page, and contact us, to name a few. Altogether, Cinematix offers all the necessary tools for designing a great community website.
Additional features of Cinematix include:
- WooCommerce compatible for integrating your online shop.
- Live Chat capability for increased interactions.
- Supports Events Manager for event info. and locations.
- Blog section available for additional content.
- Full width layout for optimal visual appeal.
Salutation is an awesome theme meant for creating a social network on your WordPress website. For instance, it is fully responsive and compatible with BuddyPress, turning your website into a functional community portal. Furthermore, users can interact in groups, private messages, and forums. Plus, they can share status updates much like the popular social media networks do. Salutation also offers a clean design and high-level organization so your visitors can find exactly what they are looking for. Use the drag & drop Layout Manager to create custom layouts and add custom headers and footers. Moreso, add a contact form so you too can connect with you readers. Altogether, this social networking theme is a flexible option for creating a complete social networking website.
Additional features of Salutation include:
- White label admin interface with client restriction options.
- Unlimited sidebar creation and insertion into any content.
- Slider Revolution included with theme purchase.
- Infinite page layouts and page templates.
- Fully localized for translating content.
Woffice is a feature packed WordPress social networking theme potraying Google’s Material Design. With it, you can access free extensions for added functionality and security measures for every page. In addition, you can customize role assignments and privacy options. Add a calendar of events, include paid membership options, create a stunning slider, or take advantage of the live AJAX chat feature. And lastly, for your global readers, translate all of your website’s content. In the end, Woffice is a quick and easy way to get your community website project underway.
Additional features of Woffice include:
- Front-end creation without access to WordPress.
- Unlimited customization options for colors and fonts.
- Built as a web app that is responsive, cross browser friendly, and displays in full screen mode.
- Create extensive layouts with the exclusive Page builder.
- Gain inspiration from the 4 demos included.
Socialize in another popular social networking theme for creating a community of users. This multipurpose theme is specially designed to integrate with BuddyPress. In fact, all BuddyPress widgets convert into Visual Composer elements for seamless insertion into your website. More so, Socialize works with bbPress for creating an interactive forum. Pick from four homepage layouts and six post layouts, and even add an events calendar. In addition, create powerful menus that are easy to use. Altogether, Socialize is one of the most flexible and feature packed social networking themes for creating a fashionable, yet functional community website.
Additional features of Socialize include:
- Exclusive login popup form avoiding WordPress login page.
- Sticky sidebars for advertisements and other important information.
- WooCommerce integration for incorporating your online shop.
- Multiple portfolio options for highlighting your work.
- Font Awesome library with over 400 icons to choose from.
WordPress LMS is a community learning management system (LMS) theme suitable for many professionals. For instance, training centers, corporate training, course tutors, and all educational institutions will benefit from this theme. Built on BuddyPress, WPLMS lets you manage courses amongst instructors and students. Plus, you can sell online courses. In addition, WPLMS has a fresh design with mutiple skin, layout, and header options. Import and export content or users, enable automatic evaluations, provide quizzes, and even take advantage of five drip feed options. In the end, WPLMS is the complete package when it comes to creating an interactive learning management system.
Additional features of WPMLS include:
- Easy to use front-end course creation and management.
- 6+ demos with unique designs for a stand out website.
- Secure and scalable architecture for building a large community.
- Custom email templates for added communication efforts.
- Instructor and student dashboards.
Sweet Date is a unique social networking theme for community dating sites looking to boost user interaction. Fully responsive and retina ready, your community will always have access regardless of device and see their potential love interests clearly. In addition, Sweet Date accommodates multi-level memberships. With that, several payment gateways are available that accept recurring subscriptions. Moreover, users can login from Facebook and BuddyPress enables user profile matching and customized notifications. Lastly, display the online status of all registered users in real time. In the end, Sweet Date makes creating a dating website a cinch, without sacrificing functionality or design.
Additional features of Sweet Date include:
- AJAX instant search for finding whatever you need – articles, products, pages, and more.
- Add albums, photos, audio, and video and configure privacy settings for each.
- Intuitive custom visual shortcodes for homepage building.
- Unlimited color combinations.
- Mailchimp integration with included widget.
PowerMag is a stylish magazine theme with integrated social networking capability. With a bold look, responsive design, and a ton of flexibility, this theme takes building a community to a new level. For example, PowerMag supports AJAX login and registration, advertisement sections, and the Social Count Plus plugin. In addition, you can utilize the built-in review system that allows star or percentage ratings for increased user engagement. Complete with SEO optimization, retina ready images, and your choice of boxed or full width layouts, PowerMag will not only highlight your best content, but involve your audience at every step.
Additional features of PowerMag include:
- Shortcode Generator with hundreds of combinations.
- Vertical home carousel and unlimited sidebars.
- Mailchimp newsletter ready for forging stronger relationships.
- 14 custom widgets including Video Embed and Popular Posts.
- Additional social profiles for authors.
So, there you have it. Some of the best WordPress social networking themes on the market for building a strong community and encouraging user engagement.
If you are looking to build a community-based website, you must have the right tools to do so effectively. And, one exceptional tool to have is a solid WordPress theme aiming to build your community. Altogether, no matter what kind of networking website you are looking to design, one of the above-mentioned themes is sure to have what you need.
Have you used any of the above social networking themes for your WordPress website? Is there one I have left out that you feel should be included? I would love to hear all about it in the comments below!