WP Mayor is 6 years old!
The site was created in November 2010 as a way of sharing our WordPress knowledge.
Thanks to all the people who have followed this website for the past 6 years, and of course all our clients and partners without whom coming so far would simply not have been possible.
As per tradition, these are the most important stats for the past year:
- We’ve experienced a slight drop in traffic, 84,000 unique visitors/month mark compared to 90k+ last year and 100k+ the year before, as measured in Google Analytics. We need to do some work on improving this, keeping in mind that the competition is much stronger now than a few years ago.
- 1,600 published posts.
- Twitter followers: 22,800+
- 8,593 comments (thanks!)
- Alexa Rank: 50,636 (last year it was ranked at 17,596)
We’ve lost some rank on Alexa. Although it’s not a super accurate system, it does serve to give us an incentive to do better. It also seems in line with the drop in traffic. The aim is to keep growing year on year so we need to work on that during 2017.
If you’re interested in how things changed from last year, you can see some stats on last year’s birthday post.
As you might know, we also develop the popular plugin WP RSS Aggregator, which is the premier plugin for importing RSS feed items into your WordPress blog. At the same time we are working on some more projects including add-ons for Easy Digital Downloads, for example, the recently released EDD Checkout Message and EDD Add to Cart add-ons. We are putting most of our effort into developing EDD Bookings, a plugin which is showing a lot of promise, and we hope that it takes off in 2017.
Want to support the growth of WP Mayor? There are several options for doing so:
- By purchasing our ad spaces on BuySellAds.com
- Making use of our WordPress services
- Writing a guest post
- Participating through comments
- Letting us know what you want us to talk about
- Following us on Twitter or Facebook
and most importantly, keep on reading our posts about WordPress!